The Grant Writer/Manager is responsible for the tactical execution of all grant and proposal initiatives as well as managing grants post-award for Goodwill of Dallas. This position will be responsible for the life cycle of the grant process from proposal development to grant management and grant close-out. This position will have the responsibility to maintain and develop funding sources for existing and projected programs through grant and proposal initiatives directed to private foundations, corporations, government agencies, and community organizations. The Grant Writer/Manager sources for program funding primarily in the areas of workforce development, and other divisions as needed. This position is responsible for assisting stakeholders in analyzing grant opportunities, writing competitive proposals, preparing and assembling grant proposals/contracts in compliance with grant guidelines, and managing grants post-award by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for the design and execution of the organization’s proposal and grant budgets with direction from the Director of Program Development
- Writes high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, supporting documents, and follow-up reports
- Prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements
- Conducts research and identifies funding opportunities from federal, state, private foundations, and other private funding sources
- Maintains systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related information
- Maintains library of reference documentation, including funding agency requirements and forms, funder communication, grant agreements and compliance documentation
- Maintains currency of knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures
- Tracks grant progress towards required metrics post-award and reports to departmental leadership
- Communicates with funding organizations
- Works internally with program staff to ensure accurate narrative of programs is being relayed in applications
- Adheres to all grant, proposal and reporting deadlines. Ensures that progress reports and associated compliance information is submitted on time
- Research and updates statistics to be used in grants and proposals
- Works closely with the departmental leadership to maintain a knowledge of existing programming and needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in directly related field is preferred; minimum three (3) years related grants or business development experience in areas such as Non-Profit, Fundraising, or Programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Grant writing experience required, with track record of awarded grants.
- Experience managing grants post-award to ensure progress towards achieving grant deliverables, expenditure of grant budgets, and grant close-out activities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to listen and get clarification and responds appropriately to questions. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively. Ability to revise and edit work for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Ability to write in various styles to meet needs. Ability to present numerical data effectively. Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and apply necessary mathematical skills to address grant proposal technical issues. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to manage appropriate budgeting practices.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must be able to interpret construction specifications and diagrams accurately.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word processing software; MS Excel spreadsheet software; project management software and/or MS Project and Contact Management systems. Knowledge of PowerPoint and the ability to create presentations for an executive audience is mandatory.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the following in the subject line:
<YOURNAME> Grant Manager Resume.
If chosen for an interview, please be prepared to provide a writing sample.