Recovery Resource Council is seeking a highly motivated individual for the Full-Time position of Grants Manager. This position is a member of the Development Team and is a liaison between the agency and its funders. The Grants Manager is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals/reports that support agency goals and meet funder guidelines and criteria. This person serves as the primary grant writer, manages funder relationships, engages in compliance reporting, and supports special project initiatives. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, project management skills, with an emphasis on outcome measurement.
- Lead grant proposal development and submission—preparing and organizing materials for proposals, and submitting and monitoring grant applications, including:
- Researching new funding opportunities on a local, state, and federal level.
- Maintaining and building relationships with funders and other strategic partners on a local, state, and national level.
- Drafting proposals/LOIs, grant application narratives, and budgets and collaborating to finalize with program, finance, and administrative staff.
- Submitting grant applications via paper or online portals and maintain list of passwords.
- Meeting with funders and RRC staff to explore funding opportunities and fulfill site visit requirements:
- Maintaining master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence.
- Maintaining library of grant support documents including resumes, bios, IRS forms, Board/staff diversity lists, etc.; and
- Facilitate grant contracts/agreements and thanking/acknowledgment of funders/investors.
- Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness, including:
- Monitoring and maintaining funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements.
- Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals; Requesting reimbursements and drawdowns as needed.
- Drafting compelling progress reports and targeted program updates (e.g., blog posts, press releases, FB and twitter posts) to funders that fully capture programmatic success.
- Assembling all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories, etc.; submit reports to funders and investors.
Researching statistics, trends and data for grant proposals and community advocacy, including:
- Performing research and data-gathering—both from external sources and Recovery Resource Council program data.
- Assisting in development of presentations for various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience with nonprofit grant writing.
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with donor development/CRM software systems.
- Familiarity and experience working with national, governmental, and North Texas funders a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality; and
Demonstrated interest in the mission, vision and values of Recovery Resource Council.
Interested candidates may be asked to complete a Predictive Index Survey before interviewing.
To apply, email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: Margie Hatcher email@example.com