4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Collaborate with the Grants Management office state to support the development, acquisition, and operations involved in the processing and management of internal and external grant projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research private, state and federal funding sources, including the eligibility criteria of potential grant opportunities.
- Develop connections with funding sources for proposal support and assistance.
- Match identified needs to grant opportunities and manage grant proposal projects with internal and external clients.
- Gather all data and information needed per grant opportunity to write grant proposal as defined by RFA/RFP and in accordance with the funding source.
- Collaborate with the senior project coordinator to assist internal clients to create budgets and budget narratives.
- Prepare all necessary grant documents for submission by AOR and monitor for award announcements.
- Manage the implementation, strategies, operation, and evaluation respective grant project activities in accordance with project goals, objectives, budgets and required guidelines.
- Monitor internal grant systems to ensure the systems are functioning efficiently and make suggestions for improvements as noted.
- Ensure processes for internal grant funding stay on track and communicate deadlines and milestones to evaluators and project teams.
- Produce periodic reports regarding both internal and external grants for appropriate leaders and committees as directed.
- Ensure all grant-related team members understand the scope of the project as well as their individual responsibilities.
- Develop an internal calendar of funding deadlines and provide regularly updated schedules with tasks to be completed.
- Maintain files and records system for all infernal and external grant funding projects, including grant timelines, submission and award tracking reports, interim project reports, meeting minutes, budgets, assessment reports and any other documentation identified.
- Communicate relevant information to all team members, that may require amendments, such as changes in schedule dates, and changes in project requirements. Serve as a resource for all project teams throughout the grant period.
- Prepare and present professional development opportunities for college employees regarding grants and proposal writing.
- Meet regularly with the director and Grants Management Team to provide updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with Collin College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of grants and project management
- Knowledge of writing styles and the ability to utilize proper grammar and punctuation
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills to effectively manage interdepartmental coordination
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, manage calendars and time schedules, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, and outside agencies
- Ability to research and seek out grant opportunities
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum of two (2) years of federal grant writing or related experience required. Experience with standard software applications like Word and Excel required.
Experience working in a team environment preferred.
Experience working in a college/university environment preferred.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Compensation Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation Range: $52,088 to $59,901
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.