The Grant Coordinator will provide support to daily fundraising operations to strategically align the organizational needs of the Texas Trees Foundation to support the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation. The Grant Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Development Officer to ensure that research, grants, and tracking are timely, accurately assembled, and aligned with funding needs.
Texas Trees Foundation, a 501(c)(3), makes possible a higher quality of life for citizens, visitors and businesses through research, technology, and education to strategically protect, plant and care for trees and assure that all projects show a return on investment to support growth and livability. Far more than a tree planting organization, Texas Trees collaborates with urban planners, landscape architects, developers, corporations, and municipalities to improve the overall quality of life for the citizens who call Dallas and North Texas home.
- Preparations for grant applications on behalf of the Texas Trees Foundation (TTF). These shall include renewals of existing grants and applications to new funding sources
- Assist with the development of a grant strategy to increase the number of annual donors, retain existing donors, and increase gift size
- Conducts research and planning for the preparation of these grant proposals
- Understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization
- Meet with other team members (operations, programs, finance, etc.) for planning in preparation of complex proposals and grants as required
- As requested, provide updates on progress and status of grant proposals to senior leadership and/or Board of Directors at TTF
- Track and complete all follow-up reports requested by donor in an accurate and timely manner.
- As requested, prepares grant applications for final approval to the CDO prior to submission.
- Research and identify new corporate and foundations for submissions
- Annually participate in the creation of an annual individual fundraising plan that identifies activity targets and financial goals
- Works with the Communications Manager to align timing for potential gift asks and announcing new donors and sponsors
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grants
Core Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communications skills with extra emphasis on written communications
- Motivated and goal-oriented with ability to self-manage
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Highly motivated and takes initiative to seek out new funding leads
- Confident in suggesting innovative ideas in creating storylines
- Can align research to specific grant applications
- Desire to further non-profit skills through grant writing webinars and conferences
- Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to ask for assistance when necessary
- Understanding of intersection of public relations and media outreach
- Ability to work in collaboration with various departments to align outcomes
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, board members staff and outside partners
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, or a related area (master’s degree preferred)
- Two+ years non-profit experience, specifically in grant writing
- Experience with a donor management software platform preferred
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A passion for working with projects that help our communities and our environment here in North Texas
- Patience, compassion, development of accurate and on-time deliverables, and professionalism
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of the Texas Trees Foundation
- Working remote for up to two (2) days per week
- This is a full-time position which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To Apply: send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Nick Colletti, Chief Development Officer, email@example.com by Wednesday, May 11, 2022.