Jewish Family Service (JFS) is currently seeking an experienced Grant Accountant to assist the Accounting department due to our increase in grant administration & reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Ledger tracking & reporting on grant expenditure activities
- Review and setup of awarded grants fund codes in the General Ledger
- Verification of payroll related expenses to grants with proper documentation
- File for reimbursement from all reimbursable grants
- Create procedure manuals that document best practices for implementation & monitoring
- Review and track grant contracts/agreements to ensure compliance; communicate with other departments as needed regarding compliance needs in their areas
- Coordinate with grant managers to keep an updated schedule of reporting requirements
- Monitor and review grant pipeline report
- Provide budgets for grant submission
- Provide financial portion of reports for grantors and JFS annual reports
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Bachelors degree required. Excellent spreadsheet skills are required and knowledge of MIP Accounting Software is preferred. Possess a positive attitude with excellent customer relations and communications skills a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE AGENCY
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas (JFS) is a nonsectarian mental health and social services agency that impacted over 32,000 lives last year. For more than 70 years, our mission has been to provide effective, accessible, and comprehensive mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. JFS welcomes anyone through our doors regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or the ability to pay and has more than 150 programs and services available to all in need.
We believe in nurturing passionate professionals who prioritize client health and well-being. Our team members across all departments collaborate to offer wraparound care in order to address multiple needs. Additionally, JFS is one of only six DFW agencies accredited by the Council on Accreditation, which means we continually meet the highest standards of practice in areas including governance, fiscal management, human resources management, and quality improvement.
JFS is invested in our employees. We pay 100% of our full-time employee (30 hours or more) health and dental benefits as well as life and long-term disability insurance. This position also receives 4 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and includes American holidays and all Jewish holidays. We are willing to discuss relocation options. Come learn more about us!
To apply please access the link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=95473&clientkey=64D4CFB1722A24613E0299FF571CC29A