REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
HOURS: Full-time, standard workweek
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to lift up to 30lbs, able to work part or all of a shift sitting, standing and walking, able to safely operate office machinery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.
Responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and the donor. The Grant Accountant will work with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure accuracy and compliance of grants.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Prepare invoices along with required documentation for program reimbursement. Maintain organized grant documentation records to support the invoicing.
- Record revenue and receivables according to accounting principles.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to government agencies or donors as required.
- Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations and research and resolve variances in a timely manner. Prepare month-end journal entries, including recording accruals, prepaid expenses and revenue recognition.
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate management and program staff, informing them of financial position of the grant or contract.
- Participate in the preparation of annual and grant budgets and grant reporting.
- Prepare grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions as required.
- Supply copies of audits and regulatory documentation to the appropriate requestor.
- Prepare required audit schedules necessary for the annual single and financial audits.
- Read and interpret grant agreements to determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Support CFO and Controller with accounting and finance activities and projects, including agency external audit, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate fiscal elements of grants and contracts with Contracts Manager and Data Manager to ensure compliance and timeliness of required reporting.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: B.S./B.A in Accounting required
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Federal grant compliance and reporting experience required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting.
- Skilled in interpreting budget and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) standards and procedures.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong computer systems skills, including proficiency in business and accounting computer system.
- Self-starter, can work independently with little supervision.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of and the ability to apply the principles, practices, and functions related to areas of responsibility.
- Stays up to date with current laws, regulations, developments, and trends related to areas of responsibility; ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for the Promise House mission.
The salary for this position is $50,000-55,000 based on education and experience.
Please apply online at https://promisehouse.org/join-our-team/