Title: FPC Communications Director – FPC and Day School
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Development + Communications
The Communications Director – FPC and Day School will deliver the amazing stories of FPC Dallas, its Foundation, and the FPC Day School to the wider community, and communicate opportunities for the FPC congregation and community members to support and share in the efforts of these entities. This team member will work closely with the FPC and FPC Day School development and engagement teams to achieve their fundraising and community engagement goals.
- Proactively creates, develops, and collects content for FPC Dallas, the Foundation, and the FPC Day School (photos, videos, written word, more) and disseminates it via a variety of channels, including (but not limited to) social media platforms, websites, enewsletters, worship bulletins, internal communications, blog posts, press releases, and submissions to other media outlets.
- Manages FPC and FPC Day School social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.);
- Manages online ad buys;
- Tracks social media metrics and analytics, summarizes lessons learned for leadership staff, and changes strategy based on results; and
- Sets goals and measures them for promotion, engagement, and conversion strategies.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Development + Communications, builds and maintains a comprehensive annual communications calendar and campaign plan for FPC Dallas, the Foundation, and the FPC Day School, including:
- Major direct mail campaigns;
- Fundraising events; and
- North Texas Giving Day.
- Works with the Senior Director of Development + Communications to direct the vision and tone of our digital presence.
- Identifies trends in social media/messaging and creates plans for experimenting with relevant or creative ideas on our own channels.
- Coordinates with rest of the Communications team to provide content for other projects as needed.
- Helps identify video projects and refine scripts, in coordination with the Videographer.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director for Development + Communications and other key staff on collateral and other fundraising and promotional materials.
- Creates graphics and interfaces with contract graphic designer as needed.
- Takes photos and interfaces with contract photographers/appropriate staff as needed.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide reports as appropriate.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Director of Development + Communications.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people including peers, superiors and subordinates, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is seen as approachable.
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follows up on missing or out of balance items; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
- Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas; makes new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns from mistakes; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic about worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly; employs correct grammar, punctuation and patterns of speech; clearly delivers message in a tone appropriate to the context.
- S. in marketing, creative writing, communications, social media, journalism, or another relevant field and/or related experience.
- Familiarity with social media and social media tools, such as HootSuite, SchedulGram, etc.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Content Management Systems, and Microsoft Office, writing for print and for web.
- Technical expertise in one of the below or related fields:
- Graphic, typography, and print design
- Advanced knowledge of: Adobe Photoshop CS5+, Adobe Illustrator CS5+, or comparable
The Communications Director must be committed to working in the congregational context of First Presbyterian Church of Dallas and its related entities, and embodying its mission and values.
Terms of Employment
Salary, benefits, and other terms of employment will be administered in accordance with the policies contained in the First Presbyterian Church of Dallas Personnel Manual, a copy of which is provided to each employee.
Note: This description contains the information and facts considered necessary to describe and evaluate the duties of this position fairly and equitably. It should not be considered an exhaustive description of all the work requirements to be performed but indicates the kinds of duties and levels of responsibility required by the position. The Senior Director of Development + Communications may add or remove responsibilities as occasion may require.
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.