Serving as a member of the Development team, the Foundation Community Development Manager mobilizes and develops community resources in supporting targeted programs of My Health My Resources (MHMR) of Tarrant County, while fulﬁlling the mission of MHMR Foundation.
As part of the Development team, the Foundation Community Development Manager is responsible for strategically managing our individual donor campaigns, major fundraisers, and events. The Foundation Community Development Manager reports directly to the MHMR Foundation Executive Director and works closely with the MHMR Foundation Board, as well as engaging with the MHMR staff and donors for fundraisers, events, and development activities in support of partnerships and programs of MHMR and MHMR Foundation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with events and
strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the Foundation Board.
- Utilize and embrace the sphere of inﬂuence of the MHMR Foundation board volunteers to successfully approach and present fundraising opportunities to potential donors.
- Utilize a dedicated donor management system for in-kind donations, donor cultivation, and solicitation, and to build donor relations (Preference given for Donor Perfect experience.)
- Plan and execute the organization’s annual beneﬁt, which includes program design, host committee and ticket sales, invitation design, vendor recruitment and management, and donor follow-up.
- Support marketing strategies, grants, and community relations activities including but not limited to special event planning (i.e., fundraising events, campaigns, and community events/outreach programs.
- Utilize marketing tools including social media, newsletters, impact reports, and other marketing tools to articulate a cohesive message regarding MHMR services and the people served.
- Develop, maintain, and promote employee giving programs, including United Way, State Employee Charitable Campaign, Combined Federal Campaign, as well as business giving campaigns.
- Attends outreach events and networking opportunities to establish and maintain an MHMR presence in the community that enhances public awareness and promotes the beneﬁts of MHMR programs.
Professional Requirements and Skills
- Knowledge of MHMR of Tarrant County and MHMR Foundation Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of 501c3 guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Knowledge of Donor systems (i.e. DonorPerfect).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting and basic accounting principles.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and programs.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and evaluate long-range plans and goals with staff while remaining focused on immediate needs and events.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Deﬁned Education: Business, Marketing, Communications, Public relations, or related ﬁeld.
- Substitutions: Experience may be substituted for education on a year-to-year basis.
- Years’ Experience: At least 3+ years
- Deﬁned Experience: Development, Fundraising, Grant Writing, Event Planning
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans 401a match and 457
deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and holidays; varied ﬂexible work environment locations Annual tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Professional development programs and training
- And more…..
Applicants may learn more about this role and complete an application by visiting www.mhmrtarrant.org/jobs.