Join us in making a HUGE difference in the Dallas area!
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to Robin Gormley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Pantry Coordinator oversees the operations of the food pantry in the Hunger Relief Department. This role coordinates the programming and daily operations of the food pantry, purchases and restocks food pantry items and is responsible for inventory control; organizes, schedules, and receives the pick-ups and deliveries, while maintaining cost and quality control; runs monthly statistics and reports, collaborating with team of food pantry volunteers and community outreach. In addition, this position continually works to improve quality control and the operations of the department. This position supports, promotes and furthers our goal of providing the highest standards of culturally relevant and sensitive professional service consistent with our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that client service delivery standards are being met in the most effective and efficient way
- Sources and orders products for the JFS food pantry through North Texas Food Bank and other sources and maintains the database/software for smooth pantry practices
- Coordinates daily food pantry operations ensuring all food is well-stocked and that the food pantry appearance and food quality is appropriate for our clients
- Trains, works closely with, and retains Food Pantry program volunteers including individuals and groups
- Oversees budgeting and reporting on cost, inventory, and donations
- AS Degree in the field of Psychology/Social Work or related field is a preferred
- Must be able to move 30+ pounds many times during the shift
- Experience in the non-profit or social service setting is a definite plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable
- Must be adept at communicating successfully both in verbal and written form
- Computer skills, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Google Drive
- Experience working within a budget
JFS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and veteran status, except in the case of those positions in which religion is, in the opinion of JFS, an essential factor. Employment opportunities include but are not limited to recruitment, employment placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, compensation, use of facilities and participation in JFS sponsored events.
Please email your resume to Robin Gormley at email@example.com