The Financial Coach is responsible for providing financial education and financial coaching services to program participants, in both group and one-on-one settings. This includes ensuring quality service in the offering and deliverance of financially focused and asset building products and services to assist the participant in reaching their identified goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers financial coaching in person, phone, zoom and/or by email as determined appropriate for each participant and for each participant’s stage in the program;
- Conduct workshops and information sessions to secure client interest and participation;
- Work as a member of the cross-functional team providing services to individuals or families served by the WFS coaching initiative, sharing information, participating in meetings, and helping to track and report progress and outcomes;
- Facilitates cohort groups of participants ;
- Plans, markets, leads classes, trainings, workshops and represents Financial Empowerment Services at events and partner locations;
- Maintains close connections to community financial colleagues and collaborates to ensure that participant needs are met;
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely records of program activities and contact with participants;
- Analyzes the data, processes and results and improves the process as necessary;
- Presents and participates in community meetings and collaborative groups;
- Works closely with Career and Employment Services to ensure financial and employment opportunities;
- Conducts workshops and information sessions and secures other professionals in the community to support the financial services offered;
- Outreach to community organizations to recruit program participants;
- Position may require some evenings;
- Complete and submit program reporting as required;
- Maintain service and participant data using ETO software or other database;
- Connect clients to necessary additional resources and services at Jewish Family Service and in the community;
- Conducts outreach in the community, including speaking on behalf of the agency; and
- Follows up with Financial Coaching clients and tracks retention for up for 1 year.
Qualified candidates should possess a Bachelor Degree along with the following skills:
- Ability to use the fundamentals of coaching in a financial context.
- Direct client service experience and a passion to help others help themselves;
- Excellent communication skills, including active and intuitive listening.
Preferred skills include:
- Bilingual – English and Spanish - preferred;
- Experience in a Financial Coaching Model;
- Familiarity with SMART goal setting, budgeting, banking services, credit and debt management, asset building, and taxes;
- Well-organized and self-directed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE AGENCY
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas (JFS) is a nonsectarian mental health and social services agency that impacted over 32,000 lives last year. For more than 70 years, our mission has been to provide effective, accessible, and comprehensive mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. JFS welcomes anyone through our doors regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or the ability to pay and has more than 150 programs and services available to all in need.
We believe in nurturing passionate professionals who prioritize client health and well-being. Our team members across all departments collaborate to offer wraparound care in order to address multiple needs. Additionally, JFS is one of only six DFW agencies accredited by the Council on Accreditation, which means we continually meet the highest standards of practice in areas including governance, fiscal management, human resources management, and quality improvement.
JFS is invested in our employees. We pay 100% of our full-time employee (30 hours or more) health and dental benefits as well as life and long-term disability insurance. This position also receives 4 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and includes American holidays and all Jewish holidays. We are willing to discuss relocation options. Come learn more about us!
Please applying by clicking the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=84883&clientkey=64D4CFB1722A24613E0299FF571CC29A