This position welcomes financial assistance clients to Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas (JFS) and connects them to the proper services within JFS or with other outside agencies who can best serve their needs. This position supports, promotes and furthers our goal of providing the highest standards of culturally relevant and sensitive professional service consistent with our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and processes all client requests for emergency housing financial assistance services:
- Completes intake forms with demographic information,
- Distributes referrals for assignment to appropriate services, and
- Disseminates information and answers inquiries related to the availability of resources.
- Documents as directed and required into database system
- Prepares documentation needed for financial assistance approval
- Demonstrates teamwork and effective communication to accomplish JFS and client goals
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or medical field preferred
- 2 years of customer relations job experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Solid listening skills
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is an equal opportunity employer, complying with all applicable Federal and state employment laws and regulations, that exists to provide professional, effective, and affordable mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for anyone in need.
JFS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and veteran status, except in the case of those positions in which religion is, in the opinion of JFS, an essential factor. Employment opportunities include but are not limited to recruitment, employment placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, compensation, use of facilities and participation in JFS sponsored events.
Please email your resume to Carey Nottingham at email@example.com.