We are looking for a dynamic Financial Administrative Specialist to join the Bryan’s House dream-team. Our ideal candidate will work primarily with the Finance Director and meet the varying light administration needs of four department Directors.
Reporting to the Director of Operations on a trial basis at first, you will assist with general office business duties and will work closely with the Finance Director and Operations Director to execute day-to-day tasks.
We offer an inclusive, compassionate, friendly and dynamic work environment and the ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running. Experience working in a nonprofit environment in healthcare, with children or an agency with a social services mission, is highly desirable.
General responsibilities include processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. If you have an accounting background and are interested in procedures like budget preparation, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
• Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
• Prepare balance sheets
• Track and reconcile bank statements
• Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
• Process payments
• Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
• Provide administrative support during budget and annual report preparation
• Participate in quarterly and annual audits
• Work experience as a Financial Assistant or similar role
• Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
• Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
• Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Peachtree or QuickBooks)
• Organizational and time-management skills
• Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and re-certify required licenses and permit renewals timely and accurately.
• Assist with vendor statement reconciliations.
• Complete and submit Board Packets – use of Canva desired.
• Post General Ledger items in Network for Good.
• Assist in gathering all back-ups for billing and payroll.
• Order office supplies as needed.
• Maintain the integrity of all data and records in various databases.
• Create queries and generate necessary reports from Peachtree.
• Provide general administration support to Finance, Advancement, SS, CP, & Ops.
• Reconcile monthly finance and payroll documents.
• Produce monthly reports for the Director of Finance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Finance, Accounting
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-2 years of database experience – Sage, Peachtree and Network for Good/similar KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional phone demeanor
• Must effectively manage project timelines and deliverables. The ability to prioritize, produce high-quality work, and meet deadlines is necessary.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Self-motivated, dependable, reliable, discrete and efficient in an office environment
• Adhere to Policies and Procedures
• Ability to ensure completion of job assignments in a timely manner
• Ability to be a team player and work effectively with other agency employees
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and precise skill: Windows software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Network for Good software preferred
• Quickbooks BENEFITS
• Full medical benefits (medical, dental, vision) – EXCELLENT BENEFITS
• Company-sponsored life insurance, STD, and LTD
• Simple IRA – retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Hybrid working environment – INNOVATION LAB
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.