Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
TITLE: Family Support Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
WORK HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Additional hours will be required outside of normal business hours or as set forth by the demands of the position, up to and including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Family Support Services Manager is to provide comprehensive supportive services to families staying at Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD). The Family Support Services (FSS) Manager will work collaboratively with RMHD and hospital staff to best support families during their stay and connect families to resources and organizations that provide assistance and address the family need.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Family Support Services:
- Provide ongoing emotional support, behavior management, crisis intervention, and other services relevant to stabilizing the family and supporting the medical journey
- Model and conduct initial assessments, in accordance with FSS guidelines. Documents any assessments for clients served
- Build resource bank and information for families to direct and suggest as intervention or clinical support is needed, from the point of referral to the transition home
- Define and identify types of family issues to be shared and consulted with RMHD Operations/Family services staff and partner medical facilities as needed
- Provide staff consultation for RMHD issues and/or family concerns that arise. Advocates on behalf of the family for unique situation or compassionate considerations at RMHD or partnering organizations
- Program Development:
- Identify areas of growth to provide families with overall better support from point of referral to the transition home
- Work collaboratively to create family centered programming to provide respite for families
- Identify other organizations and programs within the community to provide resources to the families
- Ensure program goals align with RMHD strategic plan and adjust as needed
- Identify opportunities to educate, train, and develop staff on how to handle emotional, behavioral, crisis, and other service needs for both family and staff support
- Develop and facilitate parent support groups, programs, and activities
- Support developing and managing the Family Advisory Council with the Chief Operating Officer, Senior Family Services Manager, and Family Activities Manager
- Community Relations:
- Promote community awareness of the mission and objectives of RMHD
- Support RMHD by attending fundraising, promotional, and other special events as needed
- Attend academic and hospital fairs in addition to local social work networking groups
- Deliver presentations at universities/hospitals/medical schools about family-centered care and other topics
- Build relationships with hospital partners and their social work staff/leaders
- Intern Management:
- As part of managing and evolving the FSS program, the FSS Manager supervises and support Bachelor and Master of Social Work (BSW and MSW) student interns in their role as Family Support (FS) Interns who provide social and emotional support to families
- Mentor and supervise interns throughout placement and field practicum, providing primary and group supervision
- Participate in the recruiting of Social Work Student Interns assigned to assist families residing at RMHD
- Provide onboarding, training, and orientation to Interns
- Review and approve student documentation, provide ongoing feedback
- Communicate with academic programs, complete intern evaluations, and discuss intern issues as they arise
- Manage schedules to meet RMHD needs
- Family Relations:
- Demonstrate an environment of warmth, compassion, and support to ensure a nurturing atmosphere at all times
- Create a supportive and culturally competent environment for the diverse families, children, staff, and volunteers at RMHD
- Communicate and promote all programs and resources to the families
- Other duties as directed by supervisor, administrator in-charge, or CEO.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, and talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Johnathan Elder at email@example.com.