We are seeking an Executive Director to lead our start-up, non-profit organization that arises out of the First Unitarian Church of Dallas's decades-long commitment to people's reproductive rights and freedoms. We are seeking someone passionate about providing people with honest, accurate, comprehensive information and counseling about their pregnancy and all potential options. You will play a pivotal role in the establishment and growth of our center, shaping our mission and achieving our objectives while creating an environment with access to resources in ways that are equitable and identity-affirming. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in non-profit management, fundraising, strategic planning, and team leadership.
- Develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Provide visionary leadership to advance the organization’s mission and goals.
Fundraising and Resource Development
- Identify and cultivate funding opportunities, including grants, donations, and community partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, and supporters.
- Oversee fundraising events and campaigns to ensure financial sustainability.
Operations and Administration
- Manage the organization's day-to-day operations, including budgeting, financial management, and compliance.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders and community organizations.
- Represent the organization at public events, conferences, and meetings.
Advocacy and Public Relations
- Advocate for the organization's mission and initiatives through effective communication and outreach efforts.
- Enhance the organization's visibility and brand through public relations and marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- Proven leadership experience at a start-up or new organization
- Belief in and support of people's reproductive rights and dignity, preferably with demonstrated work and leadership experience in this area
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and values - a strong belief in serving the whole person, the broader community, and reproductive services that are comprehensive, culturally sound, and just
- Strong project management skills
- Strong financial management skills, including budget development and oversight
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- $100,000 - $110,000 annualized salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Organization cell phone and plan
- This role is client-facing and not remote. Work-from-home options are limited due to sensitive client information. Working hours may be flexible based on your needs and the needs of the center.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role, and candidates local to DFW are preferred.
- The Truth Pregnancy Resource Center (TPRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Justice (DEIBJ) rooted in dignity, worth, and compassion. Candidates from historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- After reviewing your cover letter and resume, our Board of Directors may reach out to schedule an initial phone interview or video interview.
- The final round will be an in-person interview with the Board of Directors. We anticipate making a hiring decision for a January 2024 start date.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “TPRC Executive Director Application”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the vacancy may close without notice.