One Man’s Treasure (OMT) is seeking a full time Executive Director (ED) with non-profit leadership experience to lead this growing organization based in Rockwall and Dallas, Texas. Its mission is to empower men released from Texas state prisons who return to the Dallas/Fort Worth area by providing them with clothing and opportunities for networking. The organizational structure consists of an active ten (10) member Board of Directors, six full and part-time staff members, 130+ volunteers. Founded in 2005, it has served over 18,000 men returning from incarceration, including 2,539 in 2022.
Executive Director Role and Primary Responsibilities
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and have overall strategic and operational responsibility for One Man’s Treasure’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Administration - Responsible for managing OMT’s staff, planning of its programs, oversee operational procedures and provide direction to meet the goals of the mission.
- Financial Management - OMT’s financial plan will be created and managed by the Executive Director working with the Development Director and Board of Directors. Financial planning, managing budget and overseeing fundraising, grant acquisition and donor development are critical to assure the success of the program and its growth.
- Mission and Program - Work with staff and partners to ensure OMT’s client services are working effectively and efficiently. This includes supporting the identification of sources of clothing and acquisition, client identification and application procedures, distribution of clothing to clients, volunteer and partnership recruiting and retention.
- Public Awareness and Communication – Increase the community, current and potential donors’ awareness and effectiveness of the mission and services that OMT provides men that seek a second chance to being a contributing citizen. Working with the Development Director, staff, volunteers, and board members to create a comprehensive yearly fundraising plan, scheduling speaking engagements and develop an effective communication/marketing plan will be necessary.
· Demonstrated non-profit leadership experience
· Fundraising experience
· Management experience with small staff
· Grant writing experience a plus
· Experience with faith based programing a plus
· Experience working with formerly incarcerated or incarcerated population a plus
Contact information: Send resume and contact information to Matt Bomberger, email@example.com