Heart House is an education nonprofit that serves refugee, immigrant, and low-income children with a holistic after-school and summer program utilizing social-emotional learning to help them thrive in their new community. Heart House offers a culturally sensitive approach to each child’s needs providing academic and mental health support. Website link: Home - Heart House (hearthousedallas.org)
Heart House seeks an energetic and accomplished senior professional to serve as the Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for leadership, fund development, program results, and policy implementation. This position is accountable for leading the current staff of 7 employees and leading the effort to raise and manage a budget of $500,000.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead and direct the day-to-day operations to foster growth and fulfill the mission.
The Executive Director is responsible to:
- Possess a leadership style that empowers employees, encourages good performance, and rewards
- Execute the strategic plan; build an understanding around the vision and mission; develop appropriate goals and initiatives to advance the mission for the organization’s long-term growth.
- Create a culture of partnership between the Board based on trust and respect. Provide leadership in developing plans with the Board of Directors and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board. Ensure the Board is fully informed on the condition of the organization and factors influencing it.
- Ensure a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources, build brand strategy, represent Heart House to funders and potential funders, and drive community awareness.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic Grow programs to increase impact.
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
- Collaborate with other Vickery Meadow nonprofits and
- Lead all aspects of Financial Management, including budget preparation and the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Ensure compliance with all legal regulations, contracts, grants and donor intent.
- Ensure Information Technology systems are fully functioning and up-to-date, including website and other communications tools.
The ideal candidate will have at least three+ years of demonstrated nonprofit executive leadership and will be available to lead staff in the Heart House office and at program sites. The candidate will also have proven fundraising ability and an understanding of financials. A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com