The Executive Director is the key management leader of Dogslife, and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors (the "Board").
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications and marketing—from web presence and social media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Responsible for fundraising for Dogslife to achieve both short and long-term objectives. Evaluates, establishes, and meets fundraising goals for operational needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with donors and key partners/organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Dogslife’s Mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Dogslife can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future. Drive progress by setting benchmarks and goals to support the strategic plan and being accountable to those benchmarks and goals.
- Oversee marketing, including social media, and other communication efforts. Serve as Dogslife’s primary spokesperson.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Dogslife’s image by being active and visible in the community.
- Organize, supervise, and manage organization staff and volunteers.
- Develop, organize, and execute approved fundraising efforts, including individual and corporate gifts, special events, grant requests and/or other methods approved by the Board.
- Cultivate relationships with, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors. Manage a personal portfolio of top prospects and involve Board or additional staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the continued quality and success of Miles for Mutts and other annual events and fundraising campaigns.
- Cleary articulate the organization’s mission, vision, programs, and impact on the community, and coach staff and Board to do the same.
- Assist in development and implementation of brand messaging and promotional activities.
- Ensure professional and impactful communications and relationships with sponsors, partners, grant applicants, community, and volunteers.
- Ensure that events and marketing materials are consistently presented in a strong and professional manner.
- Responsible for leading Dogslife in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board including providing timely and accurate information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for managing Operations staff to ensure grant applications are reviewed in accordance with the established Dogslife application process, all grant documentation is maintained and retained in accordance with Dogslife policy, and effective communication and coordination with grant applicant, treating vet clinic, and other applicable parties to obtain necessary information for Board to vote on funding in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting Board Chair in preparation of materials for Board meetings and providing an Executive Director Report for the Board at each meeting to include updates on grant applications, fundraising, recent and upcoming events, and other items, as applicable.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff, as approved by the Board.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a volunteer base in key locations, currently including Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston.
- Responsible to develop annual budget, with assistance and input from Board Treasurer and Board Chair, to be approved by the Board; Provide monthly updates of actual results compared to annual budget.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Support the Dogslife Treasurer and Bookkeeper by providing timely and accurate information as needed.
- Thoroughly committed to Dogslife’s mission
- Proven experience of effectively managing an outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth; Nonprofit management experience with a clear understanding of requirements for maintaining 501(c)(3) status is preferred but not required.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, social media, and fundraising proficiencies with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and able to function effectively with a minimum of supervision
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.