- Proactively manage day-to-day calendar, scheduling, correspondence, and special projects for General Director and CEO
- Develop and execute communications on behalf of General Director and CEO to internal and external stakeholders including Board, staff, VIP donors, and patrons, to ensure the flow of information
- Collaborate with Senior Staff across departments to proactively tackle critical issues, assessing risks, and anticipating possible outcomes
- Manage invitation process for General Director’s box during performance season, creating prospecting and stewardship opportunities for Board Chair and General Director
- Host outside vendors and guests in the office
- Coordinate the General Director’s travel and manage expense reports
- Assist Development team with donor events and trips as needed
- Establish and cultivate collaborative relationships with the AT&T Performing Arts Center, other Dallas Arts District organizations, industry leaders, media, government and city officials, and key business, community, and promotional partners.
- Participate in outward-facing events, workshops, committees, and associations to build and maintain external relationships and demonstrate leadership in the community through involvement and participation.
Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, and Board Committees
- Manage all meetings for Board of Directors and committees including managing room reservations, coordinating refreshments, A/V set up, and distributing materials
- Prepare communications to the Board and Trustees as directed by Board Chair and/or General Director and CEO, including the management of the General Director’s newsletter
- Create PowerPoint presentations and prepare meeting agendas and minutes for Board and committee meetings
- Maintain and update membership rosters and term expiration lists for Board and all committees and manage Board profiles in Tessitura
- Create and distribute Board handbook and directory
- Maintain and track changes to company Bylaws
- Provide administrative support to Board Chair, as needed
- Other duties as requested
Candidate Skills, Traits and Characteristics
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate
- Aptitude for multitasking, prioritizing, attention to detail, and managing time in a fast-paced environment which often presents competing priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills; accepts responsibility for quality, accuracy, and timeliness of assignments
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to manage sensitive, confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Creative team player with customer service mindset, collaborative spirit, and proven ability to build productive working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work nights and weekends during performance season, as needed
- Knowledge of the art form and an understanding of, or willingness to learn about, the Texas performing arts landscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and collaborating in a Microsoft 365 environment
- Knowledge of Tessitura preferred
Compensation Competitive salary, Exempt position
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, vacation time, 403(b) with match, no-cost parking, and professional development opportunities to increase knowledge base and employee retention
Education Bachelor’s degree preferred
Location Dallas, Texas
Travel As Needed
The Dallas Opera values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Dallas Opera is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in The Dallas Opera and what you hope to bring to this role.
To apply, please send a cover letter no longer than two pages and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line “Executive Assistant.” Please send Word or PDF file only.
No phone calls please.