Position: Executive Assistant
Type: Volunteer, Part-time
About Us: At Destiel, our mission is to uplift and empower the LGBTQ+ community through compassion, advocacy, and personal growth. Pillars of impact will include education, support networks, and community engagement, as we aim to inspire resilience, promote inclusivity, and carve a path towards a brighter future where diversity is celebrated, equality prevails, and every LGBTQ+ person can soar to new heights in rural and urban communities.
Job Summary: We are seeking a proactive and adaptable Remote Executive Assistant to provide essential administrative support to the directors. This is a part-time remote role, ideal for someone who can manage various tasks while contributing to our early-stage organization's growth.
- Assist in managing the schedule and remote appointments.
- Draft, format, and proofread correspondence, emails, and basic documents.
- Support the preparation of reports, presentations, and materials for internal and external audiences.
- Help coordinate remote meetings and events, including logistical details and follow-up.
- Assist in communication with internal team, external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Handle basic administrative tasks such as file organization, data entry, and maintaining remote records.
- Conduct online research, gather information, and prepare summaries as required.
- Respond to emails, inquiries, and remote communication on behalf of the board.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure streamlined remote workflows.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred.
- Previous experience in an administrative role, preferably in a remote or small organization setting.
- Basic computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and remote communication tools.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage delegated tasks independently and efficiently.
- Discretion and professionalism in handling sensitive information.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a remote environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a small organizational setting.
- Enthusiasm for Destiel's mission and a commitment to contributing to its growth.
Time Commitment: This is a voluntary, part-time position with an estimated weekly time commitment is roughly 5 to 15 hours a week.
- Prepare your resume and a concise cover letter that outlines your qualifications for the Executive Assistant position at Destiel.
- Attach your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
- Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"Application for Executive Assistant - [Your Full Name]."
We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest in joining Destiel and contributing to our mission.
Destiel is an equal opportunity organization. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.