TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – supports excellence and impact in the arts through grantmaking, capacity building, and thought leadership. We envision an innovative, inclusive, sustainable cultural sector, recognized for its essential contribution to a vibrant, prosperous community. For over 50 years, we have worked to establish North Texas’ cultural community as one of the strongest in the nation. Originally founded in 1967 as an annual charity event, we have become a valued arts funding and service organization, providing an array of grant funds and innovative service programs. Our growing investment in the arts translates to new premieres and productions, impactful residencies and community initiatives, and more opportunities for artists and audiences to connect – all making Dallas a great place to live and work.
TACA is seeking a dynamic, energetic professional as the Executive Assistant. As a vital member of the team, this position provides critical administrative support to the TACA Staff and TACA’s President & Executive Director. Additionally, the position acts as the key liaison to TACA’s Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of administrative support to the President & Executive Director and supplemental support to other TACA staff to ensure that TACA operates in an organized, efficient, and professional manner. The position is key to facilitating a responsive work environment, helping to achieve optimal results through intentional daily personal involvement with and commitment to team and board members, ensuring efficient logistics coordination, administrative support and timely flow of information across staff and with the board.
Primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant position include:
- Maintain the President’s schedule via detailed calendar management and communication with those seeking meetings internally and externally
- Coordinate the logistical planning of internal and external meetings, including TACA staff meetings
- Manage communication with TACA’s Board of Directors
- Coordinate and schedule board meetings
- Manage board communications in conjunction with the President
- Compile and distribute board meeting materials to board members 7-days prior to scheduled board meetings
- Attend board meetings and keep/draft board minutes
- Attend committee meetings and keep/draft meeting minutes coordinate board meeting notes, reporting, communications and minutes with board secretary and respective committee chairs
The Executive Assistant will report to and work closely with TACA’s President & Executive Director to ensure smooth daily operations and internal communications. The ideal candidate must be highly organized and willing to work as part of a small, collaborative team.
- Appreciation and love of the cultural arts
- Positive attitude
- Personable and works well with others
- Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills, with great attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, including interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and be a team player in a small/diverse work setting
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, donors, trustees, and other stakeholders
- Experience in fundraising database platforms – notably Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge)
- Experience in relationship management with corporate and individual donors, arts professionals, politicians a plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience
TACA provides full-time employees paid health insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD and parking. PTO benefits are eligible after six months of employment. Full-time employees are eligible to participate in TACA’s 401(k) which is subject to matching contributions. TACA works on a hybrid schedule of 3 to 2 days in office and remotely.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
We kindly ask that you do not call our offices.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
TACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TACA is committed to the equal opportunity of all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law. All offers for employment with TACA, Inc. are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.