Jonathan’s Place is seeking a full-time Event and Communications Manager.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides safe, loving homes and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect. Please visit our website (www.jpkids.org) to learn more about our agency
This is an image forward position requiring a go-getter with good knowledge of Microsoft Office software, social media, and communication techniques. The agency has one large signature event and third-party events.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce high-quality, profitable events for the agency. This includes:
- Secure venues for events
- Recruit and assist with event committees
- Soliciting sponsorships, underwriters, and all event-related revenue, in partnership with the Senior Director of Development
- Create timelines and agendas leading up to event and day of event
- Create event marketing, social media and public relations plans
- Book guest speakers for events, manage vendors
- Maintain event information in Raiser’s Edge/CRM
- Assist in creating event materials and mailings
- Monitor and manage budget for each event
- Secure and facilitate fundraising events hosted by third parties
- Develop fundraising affinity groups (i.e. young professionals)
- Conduct internal office and public speaking engagements events(i.e. church groups, civic groups, corporations, etc.)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining brand guidelines across all agency collateral
- Work with programming departments to create relevant and effective collateral to represent agency
- Stays up to date on industry trends to make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- Other duties as requested with coordination and planning by CEO and Senior Director of Development
- Minimum undergraduate degree and/or 3-5 years administrative/event planning experience
- Working knowledge of fundraising standards
- 2-4 years of communications experience – non profit, PR agency or corporate
- Experience working with a marcom agency partner
- Social media knowledge across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Publisher, and other graphic design
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor software
- Must pass pre-employment Criminal Background Check and FBI fingerprint screening
- Must be flexible to accommodate evening and weekend events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Self-motivated, dependable, reliable, discrete, and efficient in an office environment
- Ability to provide professional image to outside resources
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Ability to produce professional correspondence and presentations
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to ensure completion of job assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively with other agency employees
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must maintain a current drivers’ license and favorable driving record as a condition of employment
This is a full-time position with benefits after the initial 60-days.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please type: Events and Communications Manager – your name. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.