Make an Impact as a Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator at ChildCareGroup works on the Philanthropy and Communications team and in close connection with the Board of Trustees, donors of all levels, volunteers, vendors, program staff, children and parents served by the early childhood programs, and the administrative staff. The Event Coordinator must be resilient, diligent, friendly, and engaging. External facing as well as office-based work is required to accomplish relationship-based fundraising and storytelling. The environment is fast-paced, demanding, and mission-focused.
Work is performed under supervision of the Vice President of Philanthropy and Communications with demand for independent judgment. Works closely with the VP of Philanthropy and Communications, other members on the Philanthropy & Communications team, CEO/President, Executive Assistant, program Vice Presidents, Board Trustees, volunteers, vendors, and community volunteers, including high-level foundation and corporate executives and private donors.
Why work for ChildCareGroup?
Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s (CCG) mission is to champion a strong early childhood system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families. ChildCareGroup believes that children do better as their parents do better. When families thrive, communities succeed.
You are a great fit for the role because you identify with the CCG SPIRIT, our core values:
SERVICE – Lead with a servant’s heart
PROFESSIONALISM – Perform our best every day
INTEGRITY – Do what is right
RESPECT – Treat each other the way we wish to be treated
INCLUSION – Value individual differences
TEAMWORK – Communicate and collaborate to achieve our goals
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Provide support with planning, implementing, and managing all aspects of fundraising, stewardship, cultivation, auxiliary, marketing and outreach events of all sizes.
- Assist with solicitation and stewardship of sponsors.
- Assist with all published materials (electronic and print) for events.
- Contribute to the cultivation of volunteer leadership for events.
- Assist with gathering data and reports for events.
- Provide support with planning, implementing, and managing all aspects of ChildCareGroup internal and external events and certain other agency events (Employee United Way campaign, Annual Meeting) from conception to follow-up.
- Assist with developing and achieving agreed-upon event revenue goals for agency fundraising events.
- Contribute to the creation of procedures and templates for all event planning logistics for maximum efficiency.
- Assist with coordinating communications with current and prospective donors.
- Work closely with Philanthropy and Communications team to build deeper donor engagement between fundraising events, volunteering, and annual giving.
- Advise and assist program and administrative staff as needed to help ensure a consistent level of quality for all internal and external ChildCareGroup-sponsored events.
- Contribute to managing relationships with Individual Donors and Group Volunteers.
- Assist in planning and executing year-round volunteer activities that support programs and cultivate and steward donors (backpack drives, holiday parties, reading days, etc.).
- Provide support to the Board Chair and board with committees and various volunteer activities, educational and social activities and in-kind donation efforts throughout the year.
- Assist CEO with the Board Alumni Association; provide support for annual reception, minor ongoing activities, and engagement in the Annual Campaign.
- Work closely with the Philanthropy and Communications team on auxiliary activities year-round.
- Work with Philanthropy and Communications team to create and execute cultivation, recruitment, and stewardship plans pertaining to event donors.
- Build a personal network of vendors and corporate sponsor prospects to add value to event prospecting.
- Contribute to the coordination of the CCG United Way Employee Giving Campaign (executed by a CCG staff committee once a year - November).
- Assist with the creation and execution of content for social media platforms.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in event management.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent solicitation and relationship building skills.
- Excellent independent judgment, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent editorial and writing skills (please provide a writing sample).
- Commitment to a high standard of quality with attention to detail.
- Ability to think ahead, plan, assess project costs, and generate revenue.
- Effective and professional interaction with internal and external entities, including volunteers, donors, vendors and all levels of staff.
- Experience in Microsoft/Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience in negotiation and/or a willingness to negotiate pricing, sales, etc.
- Experience in sales or sponsorship solicitation in the value range of $500-$50,000.
- Some experience in desktop publishing, administrative support, fundraising, and community volunteering helpful.
Travel and Compliance
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Driving record must comply with CCG's automobile insurance carrier requirements.
- Must have liability insurance coverage and reliable personal transportation.
- Ability to travel locally or out of town as required.
- Mileage reimbursement is offered when applicable.
- Must successfully meet all compliance background check requirements required for federal funding.
- Work requires normal physical effort with minimal lifting requirements of items weighing less than 50 pounds
- Visual attention
- Manual dexterity/coordination
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
#childcaregroup #nonprofit #hiringnow #events #eventplanning #eventcoordination #applytoday #earlychildhoodeducation #headstart #earlyheadstart #philanthropy #communications #marketing #jointheteam #careers
Apply online today by clicking HERE