The Evaluation & Analytics Manager is a new role that will help Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region leverage data for strategic decision-making that maximizes our impact with the students we serve. This role will implement program evaluation activities for existing and emerging programs, perform data analytics, and develop data visualizations that tell compelling stories about successes and opportunities for continued growth.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the program team with developing and updating logic models, theories of change, and associated data management plans.
- Develop data collection tools including surveys, assessments, interview and observation protocols, and rubrics.
- Design data collection plans and communicate technical requirements to the database management team.
- Articulate program evaluation questions and design evaluation strategies that produce relevant data.
- Execute program evaluation activities including quantitative data collection, qualitative observations, interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Prepare program evaluation summaries in various formats including written reports, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Communicate evaluation findings to internal and external audiences to inform continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Collect and clean data as preparation for quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Develop reports and dashboards in Salesforce for reoccurring reporting needs, such as for funding requests, management needs, quarterly benchmarks, data audits, etc.
- Execute exploratory analytics projects for strategic planning, leadership team meetings, stakeholder presentations, and special projects.
- Under direction of the Chief of Research, Data, and Analytics, identify key insights from exploratory analytics and develop clean, creative data visualizations that tell compelling stories.
- Communicate analytics findings to internal and external audiences to inform strategic decision making.
- Actively participate in data governance and stewardship initiatives.
- Assist in the management of external research studies.
- Oversee the work of student interns and/or volunteers, as applicable.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- A strong desire to work within a mission-centric organization that empowers students to stay in school and achieve in life.
- A master’s degree in sociology, psychology, political science, public policy, education, economics, or a related field. In lieu of a master’s degree, bachelor’s level candidates with strong professional backgrounds, above the minimum listed below, will be considered.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in program evaluation.
- Intermediate skills in quantitative and qualitative data analytics.
- Beginner skills in data visualization and willingness and ability to advance in this area.
- Professional experience (employment or internship) within an education-based nonprofit.
- Intermediate knowledge of two (2) or more of the following: Salesforce, Excel, Survey Monkey, Tableau, SPSS, STATA, NVivo, or similar.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and professionally in the English language.
This is primarily an office-based position. Evaluation activities will require field-work in the Dallas Region on an as-needed basis. Opportunities to occasionally work remotely may be determined on a case-by-case basis. The ability to commute to our Dallas office, or to a surrounding school in one of 14+ local school districts on a daily basis is required. This position requires a minimum of 7.5 hours of work per day and/or 37.5 hours per week, or more as necessary to meet objectives.