Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc. exists to help persons with disabilities and other barriers to employment get jobs so that each can experience dignity, purpose and self-sufficiency. Goodwill does this by helping people find and keep meaningful employment through a donated goods business, workforce development and other social enterprise models. At Goodwill, we have the following core beliefs:
- We believe each person has unique abilities and can make a meaningful contribution in life.
- We believe jobs are transformational to individual lives and communities.
- We believe in a hand up, not a handout.
Goodwill prides itself on an engaging and welcoming work environment, where we demonstrate our core values of respect, commitment, improvement, and integrity daily.
Goodwill is seeking a Donor Services Coordinator to provide important support to the Development and Communications Department in its donor stewardship, board administration, and data management efforts. This role will report to the VP of Development and Communications and requires strong organizational and communication skills, a passion for data integrity and reporting, and the ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines. Goodwill is looking for someone who will be a collaborative, hardworking team member who will also have fun along the way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the data integrity of Goodwill’s CRM, Raiser’s Edge NXT (NXT), which includes:
- Gift entry and reconciliation.
- Maintaining an accurate system of appeals and funds to track giving by campaign, constituency type, etc.
- Lead team on using NXT Events for annual event, THE LUNCH.
- Tracking donor communication preferences.
- Updating constituent records with key action items, notes, change in personal information, etc.
- Use Global Change function in NXT to upload important action items to multiple records, such as attendance at THE LUNCH, board and donor mailings, etc.
- Ability to create queries and produce reports, especially mailing lists, with 100% accuracy.
- Manage monthly donor giving, corporate matching gifts, and other third-party giving.
- Maintain a high level of competency and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT through professional development opportunities.
- Oversee iWave wealth screening system and the integration of iWave data into Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Collaborate with department on customizing and regularly updating donor acknowledgement verbiage.
- Create and send donor acknowledgements within 48 hours of receiving gifts.
- Complete donor research profiles on an as-needed basis.
- Execute creative ideas to thank donors with special gifts.
- Assist in tracking and implementing benefits fulfillment for THE LUNCH sponors, planned giving donors, and others.
Board (BoD) Administration & Support to the CEO
- Maintain accurate and timely records for the BoD, Foundation Board, and Former Board Chairs, including contact information, term limits, bios, committee assignments, meeting schedules, etc.
- Communicate calendar invitations via Outlook, manage administrative assistant relations, and respond to all inbound calls for Development and CEO.
- Oversee stewardship of BoD thank you’s, Birthdays, Awards, and other major milestones, which requires review of key publications, such as Dallas Business Journal, D CEO, and My Sweet Charity.
- Prepare for board meetings with attendance tracking, printing materials, and delegating food and beverage needs to the Office Administrator.
- Support the CEO with occasional scheduling support, greeting and hosting guests, proofreading, research, and other duties as assigned.
Support the Team
- Participate in planning for the Goodwill Holiday Party and other corporate events that the team helps coordinate.
- Work closely with the Marketing/Communications team members to assist with logistics for THE LUNCH.
- Partner in the execution of publications, such as the BoD Directory, Annual Report, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Organize and maintain all of the subscriptions, usernames, and passwords specific to the Development and Communications team.
- Serve as point person for ordering supplies, coordinating meeting details, conducting mailings, and other duties as assigned.
- Operate with a can-do spirit, problem solving approach to help the team continually improve, grow, and support the success of Goodwill Dallas.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, nonprofit management, or similar field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in non-profit operations and administration.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; certification in RE NXT is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment that requires teamwork and flexibility.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams at once.
- A sense of urgency and a continual drive for data-driven results coupled with an ability to partner effectively with peers and management.
- Motivation for continual education in CRM management.
Job Relationships Supervised by: Vice President of Development and Communications Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm. There will be periods when longer and additional days will be required.
Salary & Benefits: Salary and bonus is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The company offers a competitive benefits package.
Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. Goodwill Industries does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
Please email resume and cover letter to Lauren Holloway, Vice President of Development and Communications with subject line "Application for Donor Services Coordinator" to email@example.com.