OurCalling is a ministry specifically focused on the unsheltered homeless community. We operate an outreach center for the homeless community near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is getting people off the street and helping them walk with Jesus. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus. We serve 200-400 guests daily. We are a “no-barrier” facility that is welcoming and compassionate to all who enter.
- Partner with department and organizational leadership to develop major giving and donor engagement strategy for OurCalling that advances the mission and brand of, and generosity toward the ministry.
- Retain and grow a portfolio of individual donors to support the organization’s mission and goals annually.
- Work in collaboration with and under the direction of the Director of Development, and closely with the CEO.
- Support a culture of generosity within OurCalling and provide support for all organizational fund development and communications activities.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 major and prospective individual donors to OurCalling, that make annual gifts or have the ability to make annual gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Cultivate relationships with current major donors to OurCalling in order to understand their mission interests and needs, as well as capacity to grow their giving.
- Understand and communicate the mission, programs, and impact of OurCalling with both current and prospective donors.
- Identify and engage prospective donors through networking with existing donors and community/civic groups.
- Develop stewardship plan for each donor in portfolio to ensure they receive the appreciation and communication that makes giving a fulfilling experience.
- Solicit 5-figure, 6-figure, and 7-figure gifts to meet the needs of OurCalling’s programs and operations.
- Support the Director of Development with corporate partnership and sponsorship solicitations.
- Partner closely with the Director of Development,Development team, and CEO, on donor strategy and communications to ensure alignment.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ideal candidate will have five or more years of relationship-based fundraising experience, ideally in a faith-based nonprofit or ministry
- Successful track record of soliciting 6-figure and 7-figure gifts
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have good observational skills.
- Ability to inspire trust, and engage and motivate people from all backgrounds.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Displays OurCalling's core values of:
- Loving people
- Motivating others
- Owning excellence in ones area of influence
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Additional Requirements: A growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to see His kingdom increase
Our Benefits: We offer an excellent Total Rewards benefit package that includes over 3 weeks’ Paid Time Off plus Holidays to start, as well as Health Reimbursement Benefit of up to $800 per month, Parental Leave, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with matching, and more.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: We request that you submit both a Cover Letter AND Resume that demonstrates your interest and qualifications for working in both a Ministry Position AND Major Gift Officer role. Your application will not be considered without both.
Please complete application form in its entirety as we are unable to extend an offer of employment for incomplete applications. Here - https://www.ourcalling.org/jobs/