ABOUT NORTH TEXAS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
North Texas Community Foundation (NTCF) drives meaningful change through charitable investment. The Foundation helps donors meet the needs of our community by providing tax-efficient strategies to support the causes they care about most. We serve a network of generous individuals, families and businesses intent on shaping the future of North Texas for good, forever.
NTCF offers unique employment opportunities for individuals wanting to make a positive impact in our region. We provide an inclusive and team-oriented work environment, a competitive benefits package and professional development opportunities. We are designated as a “Best Place for Working Parents.”
NTCF seeks a full-time Donor Relations Coordinator (DRC) to join our team. The position is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive donor experience for individuals who have opened a fund at the Community Foundation to aid in their philanthropic goals. The DRC will work with the donor relations team to execute the Foundation’s strategy to build and strengthen relationships with individuals, agencies, and businesses to support the causes and charities that mean the most to them and drive meaningful investment in our local community.
This is a hybrid position. Candidates are required to work at least three days a week in the office (located in downtown Fort Worth) and may work remotely or from the office, as needed, for the remainder of the week. This position reports to the Associate Director of Donor Relations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of funds including donor advised, scholarships and other funds
- Deliver donor services that are consistent with the Foundation’s best-in-class service model and provide value-added service
- Maintain regulatory compliance over grant recommendations
- Develop and execute donor stewardship plans and processes that lead to deeper ties with donors and better serve our community
- Engage donors in family philanthropy through giving strategies and tools tailored to help accomplish their desired goals
- Assist in the development of donor education and engagement opportunities, to include NTCF grant cycles and site visits
- Responsible for first and consistent impressions of the Foundation, demonstrating a high level of integrity through a gracious, caring, and service oriented demeanor
- Assist with Fund set-up to fulfill distribution requirements and/or meet unique fund needs and maintenance of donor files in coordination with NTCF staff
- Assist donor relations staff to provide comprehensive donor onboarding process
- Maintain donor intent and regulatory compliance by monitoring procedures and due diligence, and reviewing outgoing grants
- Maintain records relating to funds, fund representatives, and related committees. Ensure data is accurate and changes are tracked accordingly in NTCF’s system of record.
- Support new gifts and bequests from current donors through effective coordination between NTCF’s Donor Relations and Charitable Gift Planning teams
- Assist the Events and Community Impact Teams to plan and execute donor events that elevate NTCF’s work and deepen relationships with donors
- Support donors’ philanthropic interests by working collaboratively with the Community Impact team to provide funding opportunities and engage them in NTCF grant making strategies
- Implement relevant areas of the strategic plan, assess results, and adjust as necessary
- Measure effectiveness through regular evaluation of processes, systems, and technology tools. Utilize metrics to gauge progress and report to Foundation stakeholders and leadership
- Other projects as needed that promote the overall goals and services of the Donor Relations or Philanthropic Services Team. This job description is intended to be general, is expected to evolve over time, and will be reviewed periodically and updated as needed
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5 years’ experience in fund development, business development, sales or marketing
- A demonstrated track record for facilitating dynamic organizational growth through relationship development, cultivation and stewardship
- Adept at crafting compelling messaging to convey value proposition to clients
- CRM database experience
- Friendly demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with visitors, Board and staff
- Accomplished communicator with high-level people skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint; ability to learn new software
- Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve and work with others to accomplish our mission
- Self-directed, conscientious, good time management skills, and organized/detail-oriented
- High level of personal and professional ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a lean, fast-moving environment where adapting to change is necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Previous experience with non-profits preferred but not required
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range: commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal time
- Medical insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 403(b) and employer 403(b) contributions provided after six months
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org listing Donor Relations in the subject line.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – August 15, 2023