Job Title: Donor Engagement Officer
Location: Commemorative Air Force Headquarters, Dallas, Texas
As Donor Engagement Officer, you will help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization. You will cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and supporters for major gifts (capacity of $10,000 and above). Working in close partnership with other members of the Development Office, you will have a key responsibility to build a portfolio of potential major gift donors by identifying/developing a pipeline of prospects and will play a key role in building and nurturing donor relationships. An ability to empathize with donors and prospects, and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. You’ll be expected to persuade prospects and persevere to the end.
This position is a front-line fundraising role focused primarily on individuals nationwide, with an emphasis outside of Texas. This individual is a member of the Development Office and reports to the Chief Relationship Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with the Chief Relationship Officer, develop and execute a plan for major gifts that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship processes that results in major gifts from individual donors.
- Develop tailored prospect and donor-specific strategies and tactics to advance the philanthropic relationship and giving potential.
- Using the available tools such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Altru, Blackbaud Research Point, internet search programs, other research programs and personal relationship networks, research and create a list of potential qualified prospects/donors.
- Create proposals and marketing materials, as necessary, to solicit major gifts
- Track interactions with prospects/donors in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Altru and other tools to build an electronic history of information related to prospects/donors.
- Operate collaboratively with a high attention to detail to provide excellent service and develop strong working relationships based on trust and confidence with prospects, donors and staff.
- Using fundraising metrics, regularly report on the status and progress of major gifts to the Chief Relationship Officer.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to complete grant applications related to major gifts.
- Provide support for CAF activities and events, such as Fireside Chats, the Legends of the Skies Luncheon, CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow and others.
- Conducts regular travel for one-on-one meetings and selected events, estimated for up to 50% of the time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fundraising role, preferably with at least 1 year experience in a role with a proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors resulting in gifts of $10,000+.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with donors, as well as other internal and external constituencies.
- Must be able to travel as necessary; some nights and weekends required.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in aviation and/or WWII history a plus.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential a plus.
- Experience with planned giving a plus.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with many different people such as donors, volunteers and staff. Ability to listen is essential.
- Team oriented; works well within group situations.
- Must be very organized, analytical and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge Altru.
- Computer literacy.
- High level of enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and self-direction.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and capable of articulating verbally and in writing, the CAF’s mission, vision, and priorities.
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
The CAF offers a generous benefit package that includes health, vision, dental, life and disability at a cost of $50 per month for the employee, and a retirement plan that is matched up to 3%. The value of this package is over $13,000.00.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
About the Commemorative Air Force
The Commemorative Air Force is the world’s largest WWII Flying Museum with over 170 WWII aircraft and 80 units in 28 states and 4 international locations. The CAF has a volunteer membership of approximately 10,000. Information concerning our organization can be obtained at www.commemorativeairforce.org.
About the Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center The mission of The Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center (Education Center) is to Honor the Past, Empower the Future by designing and operating programs that provide hands-on learning opportunities and activities for all ages. Located at Dallas Executive Airport, the Education Center is the flagship of the American Airpower Heritage Museum (AAHM), an affiliate of the Commemorative Air Force.
This job is a civilian position and does not require military service (including commission and enlistment)
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.