Provides professional and timely response to donors’ questions, requests for information, changes regarding donations and donor records; creates and issues donation acknowledgements and correspondence with attention to accuracy and detail; performs accurate and timely entry of donations, donor record updates, and information maintenance in constituent relation management database; creates various basic and intermediate queries and reports and is responsible for accuracy and follow through of assigned projects; performs donor and prospect research, utilizing a variety of web based sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Donations Processing Responsibilities (45%):
- Processes the daily mail donations, special donations, workplace donations, and matching gift donations for CCA.
- Prepares new donor accounts in the DonorPerfect database as needed.
- Updates new donor accounts as needed including any enrollment into The Good Samaritan monthly giving club.
- Allocates donations to appropriate accounts and balances account.
- Enters donations in the DonorPerfect database and generates donation reports.
- Submits donations and reports to the Finance Department for further processing.
- Monitors and verifies daily bank update transmissions; research, troubleshoots, and resolves data transmission errors.
- Prepares all acknowledgement letters for donors and mails letters.
- Prepares special acknowledgement letters for events, donor advised funds, foundations, stock, in-kind, United Way, workplace campaigns, etc.
- Prepares and mails any confirmation paperwork required by an organization or company regarding a donation to CCA.
- Assures that electronic copies of all remits and letters are stored in the appropriate location of the Teams Share Point Server.
Database Entry, Maintenance, and Reporting Responsibilities (35%):
- Enters donations, and/or oversees import of donation information into the DonorPerfect database containing all confidential donor information for CCA.
- Receives reviews and verifies information for data entry into the DonorPerfect database to ensure appropriate information is present and complete; re-directs items with incomplete or inaccurate information; works with fundraising staff to trouble shoot areas needing resolution.
- Ensures all data functions are performed in an accurate, complete, and timely manner; ensures compliance with established deadlines and operational procedures; ensures the confidentiality and integrity of donor information and contributions.
- Helps administer the matching gift program; processes matching gift forms; tracks and processes company gift matches and updates donor records accordingly.
- Sorts, codes, and categorizes information to be entered into the DonorPerfect database; creates queries, searches, retrieves, and creates summaries, reports, lists and correspondence as required.
- Updates donor records daily including name and address changes, deletions or reduction in remits sent, etc.
- Creates and processes acknowledgment letters for large gifts and any special acknowledgments as required.
Administrative Responsibilities (15%):
- Ensures proper and professional procedures for donor contact and communication are utilized.
- Addresses donors’ requests and helps resolve problems regarding donations or other information held in the DonorPerfect donor database.
- Accurately processes all donor acknowledgements with attention to maintaining a high quality of workmanship that individually recognizes and properly thanks each donor for their support; according to established best practices, completes and mails communications within specified timelines.
Donor and Prospect Research Responsibilities (5%):
- Performs donor and prospect research, utilizing a variety of web-based source; provides summaries of data and reports to staff as requested.
- Assists the Development team with special events and major projects.
- Works with Finance to reconcile income database entries with accounting systems.
- Maintains United Way statements from donors and acknowledges the same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing and maintaining records and ability to perform the same.
- Knowledge of intermediate to advanced MS Office and DonorPerfect or comparable relational database software.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and reconciliation procedures.
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of the position.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of CCA.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Associate degree from accredited college and university in business administration, communications, or related field required, Bachelor’s Degree in these fields preferred, and;
- Five to six years donor database management experience, or;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Tiffani.Davis@ccahelps.org, noting “Donor Database Manager” in the subject line. In your letter, please include your salary history and speak directly to your experience and interest in working with our organization. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.