Director of Shelter Services
Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless to home.
Responsible for oversite of all shelter programs including the Karl Travis Men’s Center, the Lowdon-Schutts’ Women’s Center, the Morris Foundation Family Center, the Patriot House Veterans Services Center, and Safe Haven. Directly supervises program managers, Case Review Coordinator and directors of each of these program. Responsible for ensuring smooth operations of shelter services including program participation, shelter intake, HMIS data entry, exits to housing, grant compliance and reporting, and overall guest satisfaction. As a member of management, support administrative leadership team including Vice Presidents of Shelter Services, Housing Services, Operations, Finance, Development, Human Resources, and Workforce & Career Development, and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor degree in social service or related field required. Master’s degree in Social Work
- Minimum of 5-7 years supervisory experience in social services with homeless services strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of program management experience.
- Must have experience with homeless or transient population and/or residential population experiencing substance abuse disorders or mental illness.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
- A strong work ethic, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and ability to think independently
- Valid driver license and proof of liability insurance is required.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Presbyterian Night Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer