OUR VISION: To Provide Pathways to a Thriving Community for ALL
If our Vision resonates with you, if you have a passion for serving others, and if you have a growth-mindset, Metrocrest Services might be an ideal fit for you. We are looking for team members whose values align with ours and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees who exist to carry out our Mission of Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.
Our Core Values are principle-based tenets that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions and are necessary in our effort to achieve our Mission and drive our Vision. Our Core Values are:
- Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
- Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
- Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
- Choose Joy: Joy is an attitude; pursue it every day
- Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
The Director of Senior Services is an integral member of Metrocrest Services’ leadership team and will lead and manage a client-first department, focused on the needs of some of our most vulnerable neighbors - seniors/older adults and people with disabilities.
The Director of Senior Services will embrace and champion our Core Values and will lead with a Servant’s Heart. They are humble, hungry, and smart, and they consistently demonstrate leadership of self and others. The Director of Senior Services is expected to have a growth-mindset and the desire and ability to develop others. They are an active and proactive Director. They provide direct supervision and support to the Case Manager for Older Adults, Senior Transportation, Meal Delivery and additional related program staff which support the needs of seniors and disabled individuals in the Metrocrest service area.
Duties for this position include assessing needs in the community, identifying barriers to services, identifying and providing resources to clients and staff to meet the needs of this community. This position requires knowledge of all available services related to the senior and disabled population and must have a high level of accountability resulting in positive outcomes and is mission-focused.
The Director of Senior Services works in-person from 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and occasional hours outside the normal work week.
This opportunity is exempt with a starting salary range of $67,000 - $70,000
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, social work or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience working with matters related to senior services, Medicare, Social Security Disability, dementia and other age-related issues
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Experience in non-profit senior services
- Knowledge of the issues facing older adults including decreased physical capabilities, health care, assisted living options and end of life decisions
- In-depth knowledge of available community resources for the senior and disabled community
- Knowledge and understanding of decreased cognitive abilities, and other age-related issues
Ability to build rapport with the senior community
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in partnership with the community to assess the family/individual’s situation and provide appropriate community resources (including Metrocrest Services)
- Develop a plan to provide education and support to the senior community and their caregivers.
- Research opportunities for funding and other support services related to the senior and disabled population
- Serve as a subject matter expert on older adult matters when communicating with clients/families, case workers, and the Metrocrest leadership team
- Review the existing outreach, communication, intake and registration processes to identify and eliminate barriers for service
- Set high standards for professional, technical, personal conduct and competence and is experienced/skilled working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database entry
- Develop a community wide network of service providers to be able to offer a wider variety of services to the older and special needs population.
- Perform other assignments and duties as needed
- This role works onsite in a climate-controlled facility
- Ability to move, transport, position, and lift up to 15 pounds as needed
- Ability to remain in a stationary position, such as standing or sitting, for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to walk, move, and/or traverse as needed
The Director of Senior Services reports directly to the Chief Programs Officer
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodations.
Qualified Candidates - Apply through Indeed: