Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications who, under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, will oversee all internal and external marketing and communications functions for the organization. This role partners with all departments across the organization, to effectively communicate the mission of CIS Dallas to its stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as brand ambassador for Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region; maintain brand standards, logos, standardized language, etc.
- Develop annual toolkit of resources for the site staff and leadership team of CIS Dallas; design, print and oversee use of materials, ensuring staff use sanctioned materials or go through an approval process for personalized materials
- Oversee the organization’s budget and processes for promotional items and branded materials; coordinate the creation of and ordering of marketing materials for CIS Dallas
- Maintain a relationship with State and National CIS offices, updating policies and brand guidelines while sharing in national and state-wide marketing initiatives for the good of students served across the movement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Communications plan with cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a wide range of constituents through printed and electronic media, advertising and partnerships.
- Manage communications contacts and relationships with media outlets, school district communications departments, corporate and foundation offices, other non-profits and CIS affiliates
- Create, write, edit and produce press releases, publications, videos, collateral, newsletters, annual reports, social media content, and other printed materials.
- Update and maintain organization’s website, online publications, and social media; manage a monthly and quarterly digital media plan, in partnership with the Advancement Department
- Advise and coach site staff on storytelling, photo and video collection; provide ongoing trainings to all staff on importance of mission-centered communications
- Provide quarterly analytics on digital media, e-newsletter and website performance, using data to drive strategies on platform usage and interaction
- Manage a Google Grants program to provide exposure to programs and CIS organization as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in in marketing or communications highly preferred; Nonprofit experience a plus
- Minimum eight (8) years of marketing and/or communications experience; any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work successfully
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and managerial skills with tremendous attention to detail
- Excellent and prompt written and verbal communications skills
- Effective in managing timeliness and resource budgets
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Energetic and personable; takes initiative and thinks creatively
- Demonstrated skill in use of Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe and design/layout software; marketing software, including Constant Contact; videography software knowledge a plus.
- Experience with website and newsletter production and message development
- Some local travel to program locations for content capture or for other business-related needs
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in in marketing or communications
- Eight (8) years of marketing and/or communications experience; any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work successfully
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 15 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day.
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office suite and Google Workspace
- Ability to work within donor management software
- Inside work in an office environment with no exposure to weather conditions.
- Available to work 7.5 hours per day and/or 37.5 hours per week or more as necessary to meet objectives.
- Ability to travel for meetings, donor presentations and other miscellaneous work assignments within or outside the Greater Dallas Area. Reliable transportation is a must.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. CIS may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
If your interested in applying to this position with Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region please click here Director of Marketing and Communications.