In order to increase the visibility of The Senior Source in the greater Dallas community, we are making a significant investment in marketing. The Senior Source is looking for someone who loves creating marketing strategies and at the same time is equally comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves to make those strategies come to life through a multi-channel marketing plan. The Director of Marketing & Communications ensures that we are always putting our best foot forward, that we are telling our amazing story to the right people in the right way and all while maintaining the positive public image that we are so proud to have.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will serve on the Agency leadership team and will report directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer.
- Plan and implement all marketing, public relations and communications for the agency. The agency has a growing advertising and PR budget, and the director will oversee, and in some cases, execute all marketing elements including paid advertising, earned media, internal and external communication pieces, internal and external videos, website and social media platforms, and event marketing.
- Lead the execution of the strategic marketing plan, plus make annual updates as appropriate
- Oversee development and creation of and schedule all paid print, online and radio ads; plan and develop all media partnerships, proposals and monitor fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with media representatives, pitching relevant news stories to media representatives and cultivating the agency's position as THE resource on aging.
- Oversee the writing and design of all content and creative from conception to dissemination, including collateral materials, social media, website, digital campaigns and other materials that promote the agency and its services.
- Partner with external agencies on SEO/SEA strategies, website design and hosting, and content management.
- Provide marketing expertise and creative direction to program directors to support special program marketing goals, plus collaborate closely with the program team on success stories and data sharing to highlight our impact.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to support fundraising goals, including donor cultivation and stewardship, through marketing and communications efforts.
- Oversee a staff of three marketing professionals, including in-house graphic design and copywriting.
- Provides staff leadership and partnership for the marketing committee of the Board of Directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by President & Chief Executive Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in marketing or communications.
- Demonstrated ability to drive marketing strategies to implementation.
- Proven success in managing and forging relationships with members of the media
- Experience managing or directly leading a strong social media strategy, including managing messaging and content calendars.
- Proficiency in SEO/SEA strategies, website development/maintenance and email marketing
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all marketing campaigns
- Ideal candidates must have experience in media buying, copy writing and editing, contract negotiation, as well as are knowledgeable in the principles of nonprofit management
- History of making decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to remain focused and organized under multiple and tight deadlines.
- People management experience preferred with a strong emphasis on building teams.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong, demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and time management capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, marketing related computer software such as Adobe Creative Suite, email products such as MailChimp and website content management systems, like WordPress.
- Generous PTO policy
- 403B contribution plan with employer matching
- Opportunities for working remotely with supervisor permission
- A collaborative culture with team building and staff events throughout the year
The Senior Source is the #1 resource in the Dallas area for empowering and equipping individuals and families to navigate aging. Since 1961, we have provided financial and emotional services for older adults to age with dignity and purpose. Whether older adults are navigating financial matters, caregiving issues, or senior living options, The Senior Source guides them towards a successful solution.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to The Senior Source’s mission of enhancing the quality of life of older adults in Dallas. We continually foster and support the principles and values of our agency by promoting an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all values, opinions, experiences, and cultures to best address the needs of our employees, clients, and volunteers.
The Senior Source is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org