For over 38 years, Dallas Children’s Theater (DCT) has been astonishing kids and families with the fun of Broadway-like plays and a lot more! Named by Time magazine as one of the top 5 children’s theaters in the country, DCT is DFW’s only theater center committed to bringing literature to life for children year round. Each year, DCT’s devoted cast of professional artists and others expose more than 190,000 people to what is clearly one of the best educational and artistic experiences available. In addition, through hands-on workshops, substantive classroom curriculum, onstage performance and supplemental forums for discussion around tough themes such as bullying, learning differences, eating disorders and dating violence – to name a few—DCT provides kids and families with a safe, non-threatening environment in which to experience the performing arts and exchange important and character-building ideas at the same time.
OpportunityWe are seeking an experienced, communicative professional to join our Communications team. This position is responsible for planning and implementation of all marketing, publications, and sales programs to raise $1+ million in earned income through a variety of ticket sales annually. They develop, create, and schedule all paid print, online, and radio ads, plan and develop all media partnerships, proposals and monitor fulfillment. They must research and report on new advertising/media opportunities and relationships, and complete other duties as assigned. Ideal candidates must have experience in media buying, copy editing, contract negotiation, as well as are knowledgeable in the principles of nonprofit management, arts and education. Strong knowledge of Tessitura software is a plus, but not required. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Communications and Philanthropy, and supervises full-time Director of Ticketing, PR/Marketing Associate, PR Manager and Student Matinee Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Arts Administration, or equivalent work experience. (Marketing professional with a minimum of 5 years of practical “hands-on” performing arts industry marketing experience. Experience in managing entertainment or related marketing campaigns).
- Demonstrated organized and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in managing and forging relationships with members of the media, paid and otherwise.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, terminology, and best practices to ensure high rate of return.
- History of making decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to remain focused and organized under multiple and tight deadlines.
- Experience supervising interns.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Creating budgets.
- Copywriting skills.
- Computer skills.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all marketing campaigns, print, digital, and other.
For a complete position description, please click here.
To apply, email resume along with a cover letter that includes the following information: background that makes you an ideal candidate, demonstration of most challenging marketing assignment and outline of the end results and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org