The Director of Major Gifts will support and execute all stages of major and principal gift cycles with a focus on individuals, as well as advising on long-term advancement department strategy. The Director of Major Gifts will work closely with the Development Committee and senior stakeholders to support the Campaign for Harold Simmons Park, as well as other fundraising goals of the Conservancy.
This position will be an integral and prominent part of the team which transforms the heart of Dallas to unite people with nature and with one another. The Director of Major Gifts will contribute crucial industry knowledge and relationship-building expertise to garner the deep and broad support needed to realize this vision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage a Portfolio:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute effective cultivation and solicitation initiatives for current and prospective prospects to build relationships and increase financial or in-kind support.
- Support senior leaders’ effective participation in development-related activities, including prospect research, moves management strategies, and follow-up actions.
- With the CAO, ensure high-quality, individualized, and meaningful stewardship of donors through communications, events, and collateral.
- Advise the ongoing discovery of new major and principal gifts prospects, including increased support from existing or lapsed supporters.
- Actively partner with the CAO and board leadership on committee management and robust engagement of board members.
Exhibit Internal Leadership:
- Participate in goal-setting, analysis, and reporting for all fundraising activities.
- Explore and support the addition/adoption of staff, contracts, technology, and tools which optimize processes and foster best-in-class operations.
- Contribute to building a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- Model professionalism and a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Contribute to organizational equity goals and objectives.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in direct solicitation of major and principal gifts (preferable $1M+). At least one example of three or more years at the same organization with continued success is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated (measurable) track record of contributing to and leveraging successful moves management plans, with attention to the full gift cycle.
- Familiarity with Dallas non-profit landscape and philanthropic community a strong plus.
- Experience working with high-profile individuals and brands a plus.
- Experience working cross-departmentally with programming, communications, finance, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- A collaborative mindset and impeccable integrity.
About Trinity Park Conservancy
Currently ten people from diverse backgrounds including Paul Quinn College, Telemundo, SeaWorld, the Atlanta Braves, Dallas ISD, the Federal Reserve, and more. We value integrity, creativity, excellence, positivity, and flexibility. The organization and the team are in a growth phase— in the coming 12-24 months, we anticipate adding more people and meeting milestones which change or increase each department’s work. The team is mostly in-person, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
The mission of Trinity Park Conservancy is to champion the transformation of the Trinity River to become the heart of Dallas. With the community, we design public spaces that unite us, that enrich people’s lives through access to nature, that create economic development opportunities, and that inspire protection for the river ecosystems in this shared natural treasure.
Send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Major Gifts” in the subject line, with answers to the questions below, and your resume (including preferred pronouns) attached.
- What about this organization interests you?
- What about this job interests you?
- How would you describe your personality at work?
- What type of work environment brings out your most authentic participation, your best ideas, and your highest-quality work?