Position: Director of Learning
Reports to: Executive Vice President
About Philanthropy Southwest:
Founded in 1949, Philanthropy Southwest is the most enduring association of Grantmakers in the United States. We are the premier philanthropy serving organization in the Southwestern United States, with hundreds of member organizations across the region who represent the spectrum of philanthropy, including family foundations, private independent foundations, community foundations, public foundations, individual philanthropists, and corporate foundations.
Philanthropy Southwest’s vision is a thriving southwestern US through the power of philanthropy and with a mission to foster meaningful philanthropy and trusted relationships that impact the southwest region’s peoples, communities, and most pressing issues.
This is a full-time exempt position based at the Philanthropy Southwest office in Dallas yet could be remote under the right circumstance. The Director of Learning is an experienced leader who works alongside the PSW Team and will report to the Executive Vice President.
In this role, you will oversee implementation and delivery of all professional learning programs, including managing the budget and expenditures. Oversee, develop, manage, and resource all organizational content for PSW working with the Professional Learning Committee.
You will lead the content creation for the Annual Conference with the Annual Conference Committee. This will include working with the VP of Marketing and Events to ensure logistics and promotions of the conference are robust and match professional learning goals for the organization.
As the Director of Learning, you will lead all development and oversight of PSW content, including public policy updates and information, affinity group learning, and any other content related to the strategic priorities of the organization.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a highly engaged learning environment for PSW members that have both local and regional focus.
- Oversee implementation and delivery of all professional learning programs, including managing the budget and expenditures.
- Responsible for creating all content for professional learning programs.
- Support educational Professional Learning committee, managing communications with volunteers, and coordinating the delivery of the conference with staff.
- Work to resource content and find speakers for various programs.
- Monitor the execution of programs/events.
- Manage the Professional Learning Committee.
- Work with the CEO and EVP on creation of the general sessions
- Support the Annual Conference Committee, managing communications with volunteers, and coordinating the delivery of the conference with staff.
- Work with session designers to ensure speakers develop appropriate content and delivery, communicate all relevant information to speakers and attendees.
- Manage the Annual Conference Committee
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Events to implement and strategically develop marketing communication plans and promote an annual communications and marketing plan that promotes the value PSW provides to members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Be able to wordsmith – create session and content descriptions. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Six+ years of experience in philanthropy or non-profit field. Preferable experience in both working for a philanthropy and a non-profit.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage relationships with integrity and consistency, including a keen ability to work effectively and respectfully with politically, ideologically, culturally, and geographically diverse people and communities.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and create grant applications and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Philanthropy Southwest mission.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
Travel - 20-25% travel required.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Director of Learning
Philanthropy Southwest (PSW) is an equal opportunity employer. PSW is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.