OUR VISION: To Provide Pathways to a Thriving Community for ALL
If our Vision resonates with you, if you have a passion for serving others, and if you have a growth-mindset, Metrocrest Services might be an ideal fit for you. We are looking for team members whose values align with ours and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees who exist to carry out our Mission of Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.
Our Core Values are principle-based tenets that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions and are necessary in our effort to achieve our Mission and drive our Vision. Our Core Values are:
- Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
- Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
- Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
- Choose Joy: Joy is an attitude; pursue it every day
- Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
The Director of Finance is an integral member of Metrocrest Services’ leadership team and will lead and manage a finance and administrative structure to meet the evolving needs and opportunities of a dynamic and purposeful organization.
The Director of Finance will embrace and champion our Core Values and will lead with a Servant’s Heart. They are humble, hungry, and smart, and they consistently demonstrate leadership of self and others. The Director of Finance is expected to have a growth-mindset and the desire and ability to develop others.
The Director of Finance at Metrocrest Services is an active and proactive Director. They have the willingness and skills necessary to record transactions and prepare financial statements. The Director of Finance will keep abreast of new financial pronouncements and will have the ability to interpret and implement such statements. They have experience coordinating and preparing an annual financial audit, and they must be familiar with what is necessary to accomplish sound internal controls. They have the ability to evaluate processes and procedures and implement any necessary changes to processes and procedures, so safeguard the entity’s assets.
The Director of Finance has experience facilitating the creation of a budget and long-term strategic planning. They are an expert at bringing others together to collaborate and build an annual budget as well as a long-term forecast. The Director of Finance possess analytical skills that allow them to analyze the long-term forecast for trends that need to be addressed today to reduce or eliminate future negative impact. They are experienced in monitoring and managing a budget and communicating budget to actual results monthly, quarterly, and annually.
The Director of Finance provides leadership to and directs the work of the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Data and the Part-Time Accountant.
The Director of Finance works in-person (with some remote opportunities) from 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and occasional hours outside the normal work week.
This opportunity is exempt with a starting salary range of $85,000 - $95,000
Candidate Engagement Plan
- June 6: Application Material Review
- June 8: Phone Interviews with CEO and Director of Human Resources (approximately 20 minutes)
- June 27: 1st Round In-Person Panel Interviews (2 panels interviewing concurrently; approximately 2 hours total)
- July 7: 2nd Round In-Person Panel Interview (1 panel; approximately 1 hour)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Minimum of 5 years of executive experience with organizations with a budget size of 10M-20
- Certified Public Accountant (strongly preferred)
- Experience in non-profit finance management
- Strong commitment to Metrocrest Services’ mission with experience executing on vision and strategy
- Ability to evaluate the strengths of direct reports and provide appropriate development
- Personnel management within the Finance Department, including hiring (screening, selection, and onboarding), management (training, career development, coaching, recognition, and performance management), and exits (voluntary and involuntary)
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes, and procedures of non-profit organizations
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the agency to create buy-in and a sense of teamwork
- Strong computer literacy to include the use of Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks or similar accounting platform
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Clearly communicatemonthly,quarterly,andannualfinancialstatements
- Monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the agency’s financial status
- Prepare and present financial reports to the CEO, Finance Committee, and donors as required
- Oversee the successful completion of annual audits, IRS filings, and other mandated financial reporting for the agency
- Oversee day-to-day finance and accounting operations including accounts payable and receivable, credit card expense reporting and reconciliation, payroll processing, and bank reconciliation
- Ensure internal controls are in place regarding cash management including timely and accurate deposit preparation.
- Prepare necessary analysis to support the budget process, including department level budgets, and prepare the budget as directed by the CEO and Finance Committee
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation, filing and payment of all necessary taxes, and timely and accurate reporting thereof including annual 990, sales tax, and payroll taxes
- Review and manage (and establish as needed) internal systems, controls, processes, and procedures to ensure the integrity, accuracy, compliance, and usefulness of financial information and reporting
- Partner with the CEO and the COO in the development of agency-friendly financial management and reporting strategies and in the refinement of a set of management metrics to track performance
- Coordinate annual renewal of benefits with Human Resources
- Coordinate annual review of contracting for all Agency insurances and process any claims in a timely manner
- Manage all 3rd party contracts and represent agency in negotiations with the CEO/COO and attorney where applicable
- In coordination with the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Data, provide data required to make key decisions and to track performance
- Participate in Board of Director meetings, providing updates to and seeking feedback from board members on the agency’s operating performance and effectiveness
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct reports and delegate work streams effectively
- Work at all times to carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of Metrocrest Services to ensure agency compliance with all applicable rules, policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Participate in the ongoing Metrocrest Strategic Plan
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
Leadership Relationships and Supervisory Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance leads and directs the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Data and the Part-Time Accountant
- The Director of Finance reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodations.
Please apply through our posting on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/director-finance-a0baa0c51923b5a0