Working with Metrocrest
Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees whose Mission is “Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.” Our Core Values are based on principles that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions. Our Core Values are:
- Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
- Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
- Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
- Choose Joy: Joy is an attitude. Pursue it every day
- Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
We are looking for team members whose values align with ours, and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
Summary of Position
The Director of Finance is an integral member of Metrocrest Services’ leadership team and will lead and manage a finance and administrative structure to meet the evolving needs and opportunities of a dynamic and purposeful organization. The Director of Finance engages in a wide range of functions including but not limited to, developing financial models and managing budgets, business planning, overseeing audits, and leading information technology. This position directs the work of the Accountant and the Data Analyst.
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 annually
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Minimum of 5 years of executive experience with organizations with a budget size of 10M-20M
- Certified Public Accountant (strongly preferred)
- Experience in non-profit finance management
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes, and procedures of non-profit organizations
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the agency to create buy-in and a sense of teamwork
- Strong computer literacy to include the use of Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks or similar accounting platform
- Strong commitment to Metrocrest Services’ mission with experience executing on vision and strategy
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the agency’s financial status
- Prepare and present financial reports to the CEO, Finance Committee, and donors as required
- Oversee the successful completion of annual audits, IRS filings, and other mandated financial reporting for the agency
- Oversee day-to-day finance and accounting operations including accounts payable and receivable, credit card expense reporting and reconciliation, payroll processing, and bank reconciliation
- Ensure internal controls are in place regarding cash management including timely and accurate deposit preparation.
- Prepare necessary analysis to support the budget process, including department level budgets, and prepare the budget as directed by the CEO and Finance Committee
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation, filing and payment of all necessary taxes, and timely and accurate reporting thereof including annual 990, sales tax, and payroll taxes
- Review and manage (and establish as needed) internal systems, controls, processes, and procedures to ensure the integrity, accuracy, compliance, and usefulness of financial information and reporting
- Partner with the CEO and the COO in the development of agency-friendly financial management and reporting strategies and in the refinement of a set of management metrics to track performance
- Coordinate annual renewal of benefits with Human Resources
- Coordinate annual review of contracting for all Agency insurances and process any claims in a timely manner
- Manage all 3rd party contracts and represent agency in negotiations with the CEO/COO and attorney where applicable.
- In coordination with Data Analyst, provide data required to make key decisions and to track performance.
- Participate in Board of Director meetings, providing updates to and seeking feedback from board members on the agency’s operating performance and effectiveness
- Provide coaching to direct report and delegate work streams effectively
- Work at all times to carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of Metrocrest Services to ensure agency compliance with all applicable rules, policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Participate in the ongoing Metrocrest Strategic Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Accountant and Data Analyst
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodation.