The Dallas Children's Advocacy Center is seeking an experienced and dynamic director for our events and corporate partnership fundraising.
The Director of Events and Corporate Sponsorships is responsible for leading DCAC’s fundraising events, corporate partners, and volunteer program with an overall revenue goal of $1,800,000 and in-kind goal of $400,000. Through the utilization of portfolio management, the Director of Events and Corporate Partnerships creates and executes strategies through a variety of revenue streams including signature fundraising events, corporate giving and in-kind procurement and ensures execution of outlined strategies.
Number of Staff Supervising, and positions, (ability to grow over time):
- Development Officer
- Events and Project Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
Major Agency Events:
- Art for Advocacy - $1M net goal
- AIM for Advocacy - $325k net goal
- Mahjong for a Mission - $50k net goal
- Holiday of Hope - $300k in-kind goal
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the execution of agency fundraising events, corporate partners program and in-kind donations meeting/exceeding revenue goals and maintaining strong relationships with key donors.
- Manages portfolio of 50-75 event-based donors, corporate prospects, and in-kind donors with ability to make multi-year, major gift commitments to DCAC ($25,000+), conducting face-to-face visits, solicitations, and other high-level donor interactions on a weekly basis.
- Works in partnership with Chief Advancement Officer to identify, steward and recruit volunteer leadership across all events with appropriate expectations to ensure events are financially successful and meet net budget goals.
- Manages all aspects of the sales cycle, prospect tracking and results reporting for corporate partners program increase revenue for the agency.
- Collaborates with the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Development to cultivate event donors through exceptional stewardship to increase giving to agency.
- Develops the strategy and oversees the execution of the agency’s Volunteer Program by collaborating across departments to ensure agency needs are met through a robust volunteer program.
- Develops the strategy and oversees oversee the in-kind donation needs of the agency to ensure successful Holiday of Hope, Trunk or Treat and Family Advocate drive-thru events.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Development to grow the Fund A Need portion of all fundraising events.
- Works alongside the Events and Project Coordinator to oversee the logistical production and guest experience of agency fundraising events through the management of vendor relationships, in-kind donations, and expense management.
- Works alongside the Director of Marketing on strategy and execution of all marketing needs for annual fundraising events, corporate partners, and client events (Holiday of Hope, Trunk or Treat, etc..).
- Works collaboratively with Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Marketing to provide PR content and ideas for various fundraising and community engagement opportunities.
- Works in partnership with the Database Administrator to ensure accurate record keeping via Raisers Edge database, including moves management, stewardship outreach, etc…
- Develops strategy and provides financial oversight for the department, including budgeting, planning and expense tracking.
Staff Leadership and Support:
- Works with employees to develop and align individual performance goals and objectives with departmental organizational goals.
- Communicates a shared vision for the strategy of the department.
- Provides on-boarding for new hires and coaches and trains staff.
- Works with employees to resolve issues and disputes and involves the program Chief and Human Resources when necessary.
- Evaluates performance and provides on-going feedback and sets expectations.
- Manages and empowers the development team in fulfilling their financial goals.
Education and experience: bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience required and a minimum of six years related experience such as fundraising, sales, strategic marketing required, with a minimum of two years of supervision/leadership experience. Experience, interest, and a proven track record with major gift fundraising.
Required Software: Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and NXT.
Required License(s) or Certifications:
- Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
- CFRE preferred but not required.
Click below to apply for this position online:
- 100% Paid Employee Health Insurance-PPO
- 100% Paid Employee Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Short Term Disability
- 100% Paid Long Term Disability
- 100% Paid Basic Term Life and AD&D Benefits (one times your annual earnings up to $50,000)
- Vision Insurance through Superior Vision
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Legal Services through Freshbenies
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Spending Account
- Six (6) weeks' of paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Health Advocate
- WellVia Teladoc Program
- 403b Retirement and Contribution Plan with up to a 4% employer contribution
- Supplemental Insurance: Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
- Bilingual Stipend (English/Spanish) of $2,700 annually
- Cell Phone Stipend
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Floating Holidays
- 14 Wellness Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- DCAC participates in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)