Temple Emanu-El is seeking a high-energy and experienced development professional for the position of Director of Endowment and Planned Giving. This individual will work closely with the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement in coordinating and managing the Endowment and Planned Giving Program in support of the TE150 Endowment Campaign and Celebration in 2022 and 2023 and any other development giving programs. The Director of Endowment and Planned Giving will exhibit strong communications, both verbal and writing, and organizational skills. Additionally, the individual will be detail-oriented and possess the ability to work with staff and volunteers to plan and implement activities to reach fundraising goals. The position will focus on program development and management, direct cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects, recruiting and coordinating volunteers, communicating with constituents via phone, email, and written correspondence, stewardship of donors, event planning and management, and database maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement to execute the TE150 Endowment Campaign which involves developing plans and strategies for the campaign and for the recruitment, involvement, and management of volunteers; directly soliciting prospects for gifts; tracking results of campaigns for analysis purposes; and writing solicitation proposals and letters, acknowledgement letters and other materials.
- Work with the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement in coordinating the handling of all endowment prospects through a systematic process of identification, qualification, strategy development, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship
- Strategy includes establishing a solicitation range for each prospect, establishing appropriate timing for the cultivation and solicitation of the prospect in coordination with volunteers’ leadership and senior staff, preparing individualized proposals, identifying and supporting the cultivator/solicitor for individual prospects and preparation of briefing materials before the visit.
- Cultivation will include but not be limited to, monitoring the prospective donor’s participation in cultivation events to ensure that the event is appropriate for the prospect, monitoring and participating in communications with the prospect/donor to ensure a consistent and suitable flow of information.
- Obtain a current understanding of Temple’s visions, core values, strengths and goals so that these can be articulated accurately and enthusiastically to prospective donors and volunteers.
- Become knowledgeable of all endowed and programmatic projects, whether included or not in the TE150 Endowment Campaign. Primary focus will be seeking endowment gifts in support of Temple’s Sesquicentennial priorities.
- Work with Senior Director of Congregational Advancement to create and maintain a stewardship program that includes acknowledgement, recognition, and continued involvement, as appropriate, of the donor within the program or project to which the donor has been a major contributor.
- Work with the Gift Processing Manager and accounting staff to process all donations (pledges, gifts, payments) to Temple in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of cultivation and donor events.
- Coordinate the design and publication of printed and electronic materials with the Communication Office, including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, videos, and invitations used in the Endowment Campaign and Planned Giving Program.
- Assist with the posting of Endowment and Planned Giving information on Temple’s website in coordination with the Communication Office.
- Produce weekly/monthly donor reports, volunteer reports, and reports on giving.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Development database, Raiser’s Edge; updating constituent information when needed; adding notes and research information on constituents; and adding actions that assist with tracking moves with prospects.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement.
- Strong interest in and commitment to the core values of Temple Emanu-El
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in non-profit fundraising with an emphasis on leadership level prospects and donors
- Well organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and demonstrated record of successfully completing assignments
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to set priorities and meet multiple deadlines with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media applications
- High enthusiasm, creativity, and sociability
About Temple Emanu-El: Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas that strives to be a place of sacred encounter. Formed in 1872, Temple Emanu-El is the largest congregation in the Southwest and is among the largest in the United States with close to 2600 member families. At Temple Emanu-El, our tent is always open. Temple Emanu-El is a fun, collaborative, high-energy workplace that offers many employee benefits.
To apply, please email your resume to Julie Meyer (Human Resources) at firstname.lastname@example.org