KERA is looking for a talented and detail-oriented Director of Donor Data to provide the critical operational support for the fundraising activities and goals of the Development team. KERA’s Development team consists of Major Gifts, Membership, and the Donor Data departments. For our growing organization, we seek an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment, demonstrates flexibility and understanding, and genuinely wants to contribute to creating a culture of belonging at KERA.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Director of Donor Data directly supervises the Donor Data team, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Staff. This is an essential leadership role in supporting and elevating all fundraising and membership activities, providing operational excellence through KERA’s CRM tool (Tessitura), and contributing to the continuous improvement of donor and member experience. The primary responsibilities of the Director are to ensure timely and accurate gift reporting, work collaboratively to establish efficient workflow and processes, and to be a patient and analytical problem-solver alongside the rest of the Development team.
This is a full-time, FLSA classified exempt position, which is not eligible for overtime.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Supervise a team of 3-4 responsible for daily entry of contributions into Tessitura in support of all fundraising and membership efforts.
- Performs weekly and monthly audits of gift entry procedures and GL postings.
- Document all current business processes, implement changes to refine practices, create efficiencies where possible, and improve the overall management and stewardship of Member and donor data.
- Serve as team lead for testing efforts with new system integrations and customizations in collaboration with the CRM management, Business Intelligence, and Digital Teams.
- Develops new business processes and configuration needs alongside the development of new system integrations, new customizations, and database updates as they are implemented within Tessitura.
- Support the creation of data integrity policies and best practice training guides in partnership with the Director of Business Intelligence and the CRM Support Team.
- Coordinates with the Tessitura Support staff to complete monthly sustainer billing and membership renewal processing.
- Support the Donor Data team with processes adjustments, refunds, and write-off transactions, as needed.
- Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot and problem solve against discrepancies, communicating regular status updates for affected staff and teams, and work towards a solution.
- Oversight and support of the data hygiene and data integrity standards practices including merge and purge processes, account updates, and membership maintenance.
- Collaborates with the Development, Digital, and Finance teams as needed to assist with fundraising efforts including On-Air drives, direct mail campaigns, and other fundraising efforts.
- Manages the monthly revenue reconciliation and year-end reconciliation needs in coordination with the Finance Dept., which includes the compilation of documentation for the annual audit.
- Generate reports for various departments to assist with reconciliation and donor management.
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with KERA’s COVID-19 policies if ever onsite
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3 years’ experience in a non-profit environment working with donor data, gifts processing and/or personal records
- Strong leader of people, with demonstrated success in leading a team
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and data with discretion, with a commitment to data integrity and reconciliation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word (at Intermediate to Advanced level).
- Excellent ability to quickly acquire and implement new skills to advance projects or business needs.
- Solid understanding of the principles of data management and business process workflow.
- Deadline-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, team-led environment.
- Thrives working on multiple projects simultaneously and has an ability to actively report on statuses of project assignments as requested.
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
- Experience with Tessitura, including a strong knowledge of best practices for Tessitura with contributions and account management.
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated abilities with analytical projects.
- Passion for working in public media and/or mission-based companies
$65,000-$75,000 annually depending on experience
- Generous vacation, sick, personal time and holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
- 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
- Culture focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Robust employee assistance program
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the application on KERA’s employment page.
- Please include a cover letter indicating why you’re excited about joining the KERA team