The Family Place seeks a highly motivated, proven leader who has authentic funding and community relationships, an impeccable reputation, leads with integrity and accountability, brings a repertoire of donors – including corporate partners, and is strategic, creative, and knows how to develop and engage a team.
Partnering closely with the Chief Development Officer, the main objective of the Director of Development is to strategically increase the overall capacity of the Agency’s fundraising with a focus on growing event revenue and building a corporate partnerships program that will generate $500k in its first year. The ideal candidate leads an in-person, fast-paced, highly engaged, and accountable team.
- In coordination with the Chief Development Officer, provides leadership, guidance, support, training and direct supervision to the Development Manager, Development Associate and Volunteer and In-Kind Donations Manager.
- Oversees, alongside the Development Manager, ReuNight and Trailblazers Awards Luncheon by recruiting chairs and committee members, sponsorships and underwriting and the coordination of all logistics.
- Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate monetary and in-kind support for The Family Place’s operations and strategic planning initiatives.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards relationships with corporations; conducts related research to determine funding interest and donation potential.
- Develops profiles on the top businesses with a documented plan to secure their involvement; completes company goal setting worksheets and prioritizes companies by their potential.
- Oversees, alongside the Volunteer and In-Kind Donations Manager, the Adopt A Family holiday program, Back to School Drive, and additional year-round donation drives that supplement the agency’s needs for clients.
- Engages and maintains professional relationships with donors, grant funders, key program constituents and auxiliaries to maintain involvement.
- Through mentorship and management works in partnership with the Development Associate in the management and revenue generation of The Family Place Young Partners group and their annual Sneaker Soiree event.
- Provides guidance and support in the areas of other special events, community awareness events, volunteer recruitment and training, event logistics, year-round planning, cultivation, and sponsorship.
- Assists the Chief Development Officer in preparation of budgets, statistical reports, proposals, board presentations, other materials as required.
- Prepares prospect lists, work plans, and monthly achievement reports for submission to the VP of Development and the board of Directors.
- Acts as organizational representative for local community events.
- Attends weekly department staff meetings, on-going agency meetings and trainings, as necessary.
Other Duties: Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- The department is efficient, effective and focused on team goals and objectives.
- Revenue grows to meet the needs of the agency and the strategic plan.
- A consistent message is delivered to current and prospective donors, funders, and partners on their impact and opportunities to support the agency’s mission.
- Event experiences are well organized, mission-driven, and successful.
- Board engagement and efforts are well structured and board member’s time will be utilized appropriately.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing and at least five to seven years of work experience in development and/or fundraising events with non-profit organization(s),or luxury sales experience, to include budget preparation and management.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate is creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible, possessing a positive attitude, tact, good judgment, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work well as a team member with employees, community professionals, and volunteers.
- This person ensures accuracy and confidentiality in all work and embodies trust in all interactions.
- Must embody The Family Place’s core values REACH: Respect, Empathy, Accountability, Communication, and Humor.
- Lead with a Servant’s Heart and instill trust through every interaction.
- Proven success with email marketing, creative design, and content management.
- Proven track record of fostering an environment where ideas have moved the organization to new territories.
- A thoughtful and influential leader with proven experience of building and growing high-achieving teams.
- Is a high energy, results-oriented leader with entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive; creative and willing to try new ideas.
- Has a flexible and adaptable style. Able to lead transformation and manage a team through changes in process.
- Possesses business savviness with the ability to engage, influence and assess risk, issues, and priorities.
- Proven ability to build and lead a team to success and foster a culture of accountability, inclusiveness, teamwork, and collaboration with others; experience implementing and managing performance measurements to achieve success.
- Strong communication skills, administration, and organizational and follow through skills that cultivate both internal and external relationships.
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge and Virtuous platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of event planning, sales cycle, marketing, public relations and promotions.
- Knowledge of the Dallas Metroplex philanthropic community.
Mental and Physical Abilities: Duties are usually performed seated with occasional periods of standing or walking. Some physical effort is required associated with lifting and carrying objects (at least 50 lbs.)
Working Conditions: Work may be performed but is not limited to an office environment. Available for weekend and evenings events. Ability to drive personal vehicle for meetings and attending events.
Essential Functions: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.