At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
What You’ll Do: Partner with Chief Development Officer to drive a strong revenue-oriented culture based on market-driven targets in order to strengthen and grow the donor base and the development program to meet assigned financial target greater than $10M. Lead staff and leadership volunteers in planning, managing and implementing fundraising development strategies for assigned segment(s) of giving. Represent region to cultivate donor and sponsors to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets. Maintain portfolio of assigned major donors and prospects and personally make solicitations to achieve an annual revenue target. Manage a team including hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and managing performance. Manage resource allocations and coordinate staff assignments. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all assigned volunteers.
**This is a role that requires you to be in the office 2 days a week in Dallas, Texas (2055 Kendal Dr Dallas, TX), otherwise it is remote and you must also be able to travel to donors in the market.**
1. Develop and execute annual and multi-year fundraising strategies for the region for assigned segment. Grow annual revenue in the short-term, while diversifying the donor base to achieve long–term sustainability.
2. Personally manage a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects within assigned segment to achieve annual revenue target, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Develop and implement strategies for donor discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
3. Develop and implement a plan for revenue growth from donors at the $5,000+ level within assigned segment, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. When assigned the Individual segment, collaborate with Gift Planning team to strategically grow planned giving revenue across major donor managed accounts for individuals and families. Other segment specific areas for strategic growth and planning could include (but are not limited to) engagement and growth of giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle, serving as a staff liaison to the Board's Philanthropy Committee and developing and implementing strategies for board giving and influence for the region, growing cause marketing and overall corporate revenue by assisting corporations in achieving their goals to strengthen their brand, marketing, and employee engagement, leading the region's special events program, or leading a strategy to identify, cultivate, and engage foundations to grow their support for the American Red Cross.
4. Cultivate relationships and serve as primary staff liaison for major donors within assigned segment and conduct regular joint visits with relationship managers and donors when those relationships are managed by members of your team. Collaborate with national headquarters development team members to maximize fundraising opportunities and implement policies and procedures to ensure the success of the region's fundraising efforts.
What We Need From You:
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 7 years of sales/fundraising experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Experience with increasing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies, developing and implementing broad-based fundraising programs, and knowledge of “best practices” in development. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Management Experience: 5 years of management experience.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Requires frequent travel within the Region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region. Occasional travel within the Division may be required.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
Apply online at www.redcross.org/jobs and search for RC60422 or use the link below: