About Rainbow Days
Founded in 1982, Rainbow Days is a Dallas-based nonprofit whose mission is to help children and youth in adversity build coping skills and resilience to create positive futures. Rainbow Days’ core program, the support group model, was created to teach coping and decision-making skills to children facing adversity and to offer them emotional support. This successful and effective model went on to become the nationally recognized Curriculum-Based Support Group® Program, a unique, multicultural, evidence-based preventive intervention program. Today, Rainbow Days has expanded to offer an array of substance use disorder prevention, social-emotional learning and life-enrichment programs, including summer camps, educational events and mentoring activities. The annual operating budget of Rainbow Days is $2,127,740, and over half of the organization’s revenue comes from private donations.
Rainbow Days is seeking a dynamic, outgoing and experienced individual to join their established team as the Director of Development. This role will be responsible for increasing major donor support, developing new relationships and advancing ongoing fundraising strategies. As a member of the leadership team, this position will provide strategic direction and oversight to fundraising efforts including building and managing a portfolio of active and prospective donors, creating cultivation and solicitation strategies, and securing a fundraising goal each fiscal year. The Director of Development will oversee one full-time development professional, collaborate with the team on events, and work closely with the CEO to set, implement and reach fundraising goals.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan with strategies and tactics for achieving fundraising goals.
- Grow major gifts program by identification, cultivation and solicitation of existing and new major donors.
- Lead the growth and diversification of Rainbow Days’ funding sources by creating, implementing and evaluating current and new giving strategies.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with current supporters and partners.
- Lead sponsorship solicitation efforts for Rainbow Days’ annual fundraising event, the Pot of Gold Luncheon and Auction.
- Collaborate and work with the Director of Operations & Volunteers to plan, implement and grow revenue for the annual Pot of Gold Luncheon and Auction.
- Lead annual fundraising drives including North Texas Giving Day, holiday campaigns and event e-appeals.
- Work closely with the Development & Communications Coordinator to strengthen communications, public relations and social media strategies.
- Work closely with the external grant writing team to grow corporate and private foundation grant support.
- Make public appearances and pursue speaking engagements to share information about Rainbow Days with the community.
- Utilize fundraising database and tracking system, Bloomerang, to further goals.
- Collaborate and work closely with Board of Directors and program staff as needed to achieve development goals and objectives.
- Oversee content creation (including but not limited to social media, email and print marketing) that supports fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in professional fundraising.
- CFRE preferred but not required.
- Have established relationships within the Dallas-area philanthropic sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successful fundraising techniques, particularly in major gift development.
- Knowledge of grant and proposal writing.
- Dynamic public speaking ability.
- Availability to travel within the North Texas area to meet with donors, secure donations and represent Rainbow Days at important events.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Positive, service-oriented attitude.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Outgoing and hungry attitude with a growth mindset.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Excellent organization and ability to follow through on tasks and goals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Proficiency in computer and software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Bloomerang) or ability to learn new programs quickly.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time (40 hours per week) with a hybrid work schedule, working at the office on Merit Drive at least three days per week with the option to work from home two days per week. However, this person will be expected to regularly be working outside of the office meeting donors, developing relationships and representing Rainbow Days in the community.
Rainbow Days is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to equity and transparency in its hiring practices. The minimum base salary for this position is $80,000. Health, dental, vision and life insurance package available after 60 days of employment (employer pays 75% of employee benefits). Generous paid holidays and PTO benefits are also included, after 90 days of employment, along with a phone stipend and 403B retirement plan.
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Director of Development for Rainbow Days. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled nonprofit executives and fundraising professionals.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, at least three professional references and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Only those receiving interviews will be contacted.