LifeSavers Foundation serving those in crisis by providing free mobile medical services for women and children, and the community at large, with goods from its resale store.
LifeSavers Foundation seeks to eliminate the need for an abortion by impacting the contributing factors that lead to one. It does this by going directly into medically underserved communities to provide no-cost medical services for children under the age of 18, pregnancy tests and sonagrams for women and provides families with other resources like free diapers, car seats, formula and medications.
The Director of Development works closely with the CEO and board of directors and is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of LifeSavers Foundation’s fundraising activities. The ideal candidate would like to connect their work view to their life view and will be excited about building out a fundraising strategy and structure for a growing organization as both a strategic thinker and an organized tactical executor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for growing revenue annually over the next five years from $300,000 to $1.5 million
- Provide thought leadership to the organization as an expert in fundraising best practices
- Develop annual fundraising strategies, goals and executable plans that support the revenue and growth needs of the organization
- Provide regular reports on fundraising progress
- Execute fundraising events with volunteer support
- Conduct proactive individual donor cultivation and stewardship planning and execution
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors
- Support major gift cultivation and other fundraising activities of the CEO and board of directors
- Develop proposals and budgets and deliver presentations virtually and in person
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising campaigns
- Maintain donor information within the fundraising database and tracking systems
- Oversee creation of marketing materials to support fundraising activities
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university required. At least five years of related fundraising experience required.
- Motivate volunteers toward common goals
- Self-motivate to spend time within the greater Dallas community, build external relationships and initiate donor visits
- Communicate with all levels of personnel, stakeholders, and supporters
- Maintain positive attitude, demonstrating concern for people and the community, a professional presence, self- confidence, sound judgement and active listening skills
- Set goals and take accountability for outcomes
- Manage multiple projects in a team-oriented, complex environment
- Write clearly and concisely, using proper grammar, vocabulary, and appropriate tone for a message or audience and speak in a clear, articulate manner
- Tell compelling stories, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and solve practical problems
- Use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Work with donor database programs (DonorPerfect a plus) also Fundeasy
- Use basic office equipment and the ability to learn and use other software as necessary
Compensation and Benefits
LifeSavers Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity and transparency in its hiring practices. The minimum base salary for this position is $80,000. The compensation package will be commensurate to experience and qualifications. This position is exempt.
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Director of Development for LifeSavers Foundation. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled fundraising professionals. To apply, submit cover letter, resume, a minimum of five professional references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates receiving interviews will be contacted.