The Texas Trees Foundation is currently seeking a Development Director to direct and oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising and promotional initiatives. As a member of the Management Team this position will be responsible in helping to create the annual budget and designing an annual fundraising plan to help meet the identified goals and objectives.
The Development Director is responsible for the identification, cultivation, and strategic solicitation and stewardship of annual, major, and deferred philanthropic gifts and sponsorships for the Texas Trees Foundation; and the planning, supervision and management of activities and projects aimed at building greater public understanding and acceptance of the Texas Trees Foundation.
• Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships and communications with major foundation and corporate giving staff.
• Manage the identification, research, and recording of information on major individual, and foundation prospects and draft letters of inquiry
• Work with President/CEO to develop annual plan to meet corporate, foundation and annual appeal fundraising goals.
• Research opportunities and develop strategies for cultivation and solicitation of corporate, government and foundation grants for program, operating, and capital support.
• Responsible for the implementation of an organized annual individual giving program for current operating support.
• Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events.
• Update current and draft all new grant proposals to foundations and corporations to meet annual fundraising goals.
• Draft all reports to funders and coordinate donor recognition.
• Interact and coordinate fundraising opportunities with the Board of Trustees and provide timely reports on activities.
• Create and implement evaluation tools to ensure marketing and fundraising efforts are meeting or exceeding objectives.
• Collaborate in the development of all marketing communication materials including an annual report, TTF website, monthly newsletter, brochures, and all Texas Trees Foundation collateral.
• Attend Board of Trustee meetings to inform, report and update about fundraising activities
The successful candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional capacity.
• CFRE designation a plus
• Participation as a member of the TTF Management team with strong leadership traits
• A positive attitude
• Experience in:
✓ Communication – oral/written
✓ Database management – Donor Perfect
✓ Direct solicitation
• Demonstrated ability in working with a team.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Analytical and computer application skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines.
• Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Commitment to the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation.
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 75% health insurance coverage; vacation; personal and sick time and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. Flexible schedule averaging 40 hours per week.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019. No telephone calls please.