Title: Director of Development, All Stars Project (ASP) of Dallas
Primary Location: Dallas
Status: Full-Time, Exempt, Hybrid
Reports to: Vice President of Development ASP Inc. and Associate Director ASP of Dallas
Salary Range: $85,000-$105,000
Do you want to impact youth and underserved communities by building bridges
and harnessing the power of human development, opportunity, and hope?
Become a leader of our growing national non-profit team, whose purpose is to create
a more caring America by bringing out the All Star in everybody.
All Stars Project (ASP) of Dallas is seeking a Director of Development to implement our involvement philanthropy approach to drive revenue in our fastest growing market. This is a role that will enjoy working with a strong existing donor base and an engaged board, and as our success continues, will include meaningful career growth opportunities. The Director of Development is a member of the leadership team of the ASP of Dallas and will work closely with the VP/ City Leader of Dallas. This person will lead the planning and execution of cultivation and fundraising campaigns that reach hundreds of individual and institutional supporters each year. The Director will be responsible for leading our annual Dallas fundraising benefit. They will manage and build a portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation supporters, which they will cultivate and solicit. They will be involved in major gifts cultivation and support Board development. Finally, they will be responsible for creating and overseeing the communications strategy for our support base across Dallas. The Director of Development is an internal and external leader in the Dallas operation, who supports and develops processes and systems, and serves as a dynamic and skilled manager of people.
- Responsible for raising $1.7 million in private support for Dallas programs each year.
- Lead fundraising for our large annual benefit, leading campaigns to raise $500,000 for Dallas. Work directly with honorees and co-chairs to build awareness and support for the mission.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 individual supporters at the $2,500 to $50,000 giving level and identify new individual, corporate and foundational prospects, with a focus on upgrading supporters to the $10,000 and above levels of support.
- Partner with the Associate Director of Dallas, VP/City Leader of Dallas, and VP/Development to support development of the Dallas Board, including producing and participating in board meetings.
- Partner with the VP of Development, CEO, and other senior leaders on Principal Gifts prospects and supporter engagement.
- Co-lead the Development School for Youth (DSY) leadership body of corporate leaders to maximize engagement and involve champions in our programming and funding opportunities.
- Oversee the ASP of Dallas Annual Campaign, including strategizing and participating in phone campaigns, mailings, and email strategies to supporters. Develop cultivation and engagement experiences for supporters in partnership with the national ASP Annual Campaign team.
- Deepen corporate partnerships through stakeholder meetings, both internally and externally, and by collaborating with regional and national development staff.
- Directly supervise 1-2 members of the development team.
- Support high-level and leadership needs of the national development department. Participate in national meetings, strategy development, team activities and more as assigned by the VP of Development.
- Respond to additional tasks as requested by the VP of Development, and Associate Director of Dallas.
- At least 5-8 years of direct fundraising experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience as a direct supervisor of fundraising staff
- Strong project management skills to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Superb administrative skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, with experience in Raiser’s Edge, AirTable and MailChimp preferred
- Flexibility in schedule for special events and other activities during peak seasons
- Understanding of and experience with the Dallas philanthropic market
- Understanding of poverty-related issues and a commitment to creating educational and developmental opportunities for inner-city youth in outside of school contexts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required
The All Stars Project (ASP) is a growing national nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform the lives of youth from poor and underserved communities using the developmental power of performance, in partnership with caring adults, giving everyone the opportunity to grow. ASP’s afterschool development programs include performance programs, bridge-building efforts, and programs where we partner with the business community to help young people create a professional performance, while also building community and imagining new possibilities for their futures. We have transformed our unique, community-based and grassroots programs, founded in NYC in 1981, into a growing movement reaching 10,000 inner-city youth and families each year in 6 cities, raising $11 million annually in private funding for our “development through performance – on stage and in life” programs.
We have become one of the country’s leading Afterschool Development organizations, using performance as our approach to helping kids and families grow on and off the stage, and to build bridges through volunteer and direct partnership initiatives between supporters, volunteers, and the youth of All Stars.
Interested applicants may apply through our website at allstars.org/careers or by visiting our Career Center.
To access the Career Center, internal applicants click here and external applicants click here. If there is currently not a position open be sure and join our Talent Community to stay updated on other job opportunities.
To learn more about All Stars Project, please visit our website at https://allstars.org/