Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a warm, inviting, homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer - as well as their families and friends - can join others and get emotional and social support as a complement to medical care – all free of charge. The Director of Development helps to ensure that no one should have to go through cancer alone. We’re looking for a highly motivated, competent, creative and energetic team player to lead our Development department.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You have five years of progressive, verifiable fundraising experience. Minimum education level – Bachelor’s degree. You’ve mastered Microsoft Office Suite
- You’re an excellent communicator
- You’re energetic, outgoing, organized, detailed and creative
- You’re a planner and love reaching your goals
- You thrive when helping others – you want your work to mean more than just showing up every day
- You enjoy being part of a team and motivate your team to be their best
Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Development (Director) spearheads the development efforts of Cancer Support Community North Texas (CSCNT). The Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CSCNT’s development operations, including annual campaign, major gifts, corporate relations, foundation relations, donor relations, events and development services. He/she is directly responsible for developing and implementing the annual Development plan and budget, and meeting the overall fundraising goal.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing annual fundraising events, providing direction to the event team, grant writing team, supporting third party fundraising initiatives.
The Director is a member of the CSCNT management team, and participates in strategic planning, budgeting initiatives and problem solving.
He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
- In consultation with the CEO, plan, direct and coordinate the work of the Development team; including hiring, training, supervision, evaluation, team building and management
- Organize and run regular development team meetings
- Develop CSCNT’s annual Development budget and Development plan
- Execute CSCNT’s annual Development plan
- Develop and update the CSCNT case for giving
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Create and execute a strategy for growing a sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing relationships with major donors
- Oversee planning and execution of CSCNT’s special events
- Oversee the “health” of Development data in the current CRM software (Gnosis)
- Oversee Data and Communications Coordinator ensuring accurate data entry, reporting, and updated statistics on donor gifts, churn rate, participation etc.
- Compile, maintain and report on fundraising progress towards budget goals and execution of the Development plan
- Oversee and direct grant writer in researching, submitting and tracking proposals and reports for foundation, government and corporate fundraising
- Direct & manage Development Associate in supporting development functions
- Work with PR consultant to enhance awareness of CSCNT in the community
- Take a leading role in any joint fundraising relationship/s
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional evenings and weekends for events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.