Job Summary: A highly collaborative position that works across all DARCC departments reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Community Engagement is responsible for educating and engaging the public about the issue of sexual assault and DARCC’s response through programs and services. This role builds community awareness and partnerships to ensure broad support for DARCC.
- Oversee all agency communications including social media, quarterly newsletters, website, consistent brand identity, and the development of effective collateral materials both printed and digital
- Engage local groups and businesses through partnerships and third-party events to raise awareness of sexual violence and DARCC’s services and impact
- Schedule and attend various community outreach events to network with community service providers and spread awareness of DARCC’s sexual assault programs and services
- Support the CEO in effective donor stewardship processes to ensure continued engagement from DARCC supporters
- Collaborate with CEO and other staff to establish corporate partnerships
- Supervise the Community Engagement staff including the Primary Prevention Manager, the Outreach and Education Manger, the Bilingual Outreach Specialist, and Community Engagement Specialist to ensure effective outreach and training are delivered to the community, and to increase knowledge of victim’s rights, sexual assault, and available services for survivors
- Provide direct outreach and training
- Solicit and track in-kind donations in collaboration with Director of Finance
- Attend DARCC Sexual Assault Training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent Communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Ability to engender passion and support for this cause and for the agency
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift or carry supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward other people regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or appearance
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.