KERA is seeking a Director, Marketing to join our team and help grow our audience and engage them more deeply in our family of services. The Director will develop marketing strategies for each of the organization’s platforms, including KERA TV, KERA News, KXT, WRR, KERA Arts and the Denton Record Chronicle.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KERA Arts, KXT, WRR and the Denton Record Chronicle. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
In this role, you will develop compelling marketing strategies that grow KERA’s reach and deepen the organization’s value among new, existing and emerging audiences. You will build relationships with strategic media and organization partners to ensure KERA’s message and voice are shared effectively in communities throughout North Texas. They will serve as the Audience Development team’s primary liaison with Market Enginuity, KERA’s corporate sponsorship agency. This position will build relationships internally and externally in service to the audience, promotional and corporate sponsorship revenue goals.
This position is FLSA classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director, Audience Development or SVP, Audience and Content.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Shape culture, implement systems and support staff across the Audience Development team
o Including directly managing a team of Marketing Coordinators and/or Producers
· Support the growth of the Audience Development team and collaborations
· Support Audience Development team leadership in addressing strategic priorities for audience and revenue growth at KERA
· Oversee marketing campaigns across KERA’s key audience initiatives
· Develop and implement marketing strategies using collaborative principles and a high-level of inclusion across teams
· Develop and implement media buying and planning strategies, serving as in-house expert and vendor relationship manager
· Develop and implement partnership opportunities with corporate sponsorships to achieve revenue goals at KERA
· Provide marketing and audience engagement services for KERA’s Development and Membership teams to achieve revenue goals at KERA
· Budget planning and management
· Uphold and advance KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of KERA (and all its properties’) work
As a KERA employee:
· Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
· Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
· Comply with KERA’s COVID policies.
· Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHO YOU ARE:
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
· 3-5 years professional experience in media buying, marketing and/or PR
· Proven advanced skills in writing marketing copy for digital and broadcast platforms
· Proficient in promotional campaign development and project management
· Experience in fundraising promotions
· Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and email marketing services
· Ability to complete multiple tasks on deadline
· Has a strong command of the following software: Microsoft Excel, Planner, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications
· Demonstrated excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
· Quick learner who is able to solve problems, multi-task and meet deadlines
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
· Work experience in a media, nonprofit, marketing or public relations environment
· In-house media agency and event promotion experience
· Knowledge of the North Texas market
· Experience/familiarity with the public broadcasting system and on-air TV or radio experience is a plus, but not required.
$80,000-$95,000 annually, depending on experience.
· Generous vacation (3 weeks), sick (8 days), personal time (2 days) and holidays (10)
· Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
· KERA-paid short and long-term disability, basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
· Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
· 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
· Work culture intentionally focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
· Robust employee assistance program available to the employee and all members of their household
KERA welcomes a hybrid working environment. We expect that this position will work out of our Dallas office at least 50% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.