We are currently seeking an experienced Development Operations Director to join our team in Dallas, TX.
Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
How We Work:
We are a culture grounded in the knowledge that wishes bring hope that can change everything. We care about our wish families, each other, ourselves, and our communities. We believe in communicating with curiosity, assuming the best of intentions, and listening to understand. We think it’s important that all voices get to be heard. We are transparent. We passionately bring wishes to life, and we have a lot of fun along the way! Ultimately, we strive for joy in our work, so that we can be a source of joy for our wish kids and their families. If your experience and skills meet the needs outlined in this job description, and this is the type of work environment you value and want to be a part of, then please apply!
About the Role:
The Development Operations Director is responsible for leading a team to provide strategic, actionable information to fundraisers in a variety of formats to enable them to plan and engage prospects and donors to successfully secure support for our mission. This person ensures data fidelity, oversees and creates data trend analysis, and offers support to the development team.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve a comprehensive donor stewardship program that celebrates and recognizes our donors.
- Provide full-service data support to the team by ensuring accurate data entry, reporting, and data maintenance to provide detailed reporting and analysis.
- Lead all data entry into CRM and One Cause to ensure uniformity; and through team collaboration set strategies for improvement and growth with reporting tools, system functionality, and utilization of additional capabilities.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and reports including monthly revenue reporting.
- Supports a Moves Management system for frontline fundraisers through portfolio management, accurate tracking, and accountability of donor stewardship.
- Build and manage prospecting tools and prospect lists for frontline fundraisers including recent/lapsed donors and prospective donors new to Make-A-Wish.
- Through collaboration with the Director of Communications, manage the development of donor communications, proposals, etc. to provide the team with donor-focused stewardship materials.
- Act as the data steward for MAWNTX and serve as chapter liaison with Make-A-Wish America on all Salesforce items.
- Align to our Rules of Engagement: we believe that our culture and workplace community thrives when we engage with our colleagues and constituents within these tenets:
- Assume best of intentions
- Listen to understand
- Create a judgement free zone
- All voices get to be heard
- Communicate with curiosity
- Commit to transparency
- Have fun!
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or related equivalent experience.
- At least five to seven years’ experience managing a team in donor prospecting and stewardship and/or fundraising development.
- Experience with donor database software, Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- Understanding of industry standards regarding donor stewardship, solicitation, confidentiality, gift crediting, and financial principles.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong people coaching and management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite necessary and strong Excel skills required.
- Experience with gift administration and non-profit finance.
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting, and financial tracking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience working closely with frontline fundraisers.
- Knowledge of current trends in fundraising and non-profit management.
- Ability to handle confidential materials in an ethical manner.
- A positive and optimistic attitude with a commitment to problem solving.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and discretion with the ability to exhibit good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple projects well, working both independently and as a team member.
- Time-sensitive, goal orientated, and deadline driven.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com